And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Did Communists even have hair gel?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2018, 03:30:46 PM

Occasionally they were permitted to use a little axle grease.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Whigfield is doing eurovision for Denmark. See you in Copenhagen 2019.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on January 22, 2018, 03:52:35 PM
Whigfield is doing eurovision for Denmark. See you in Copenhagen 2019.

I wonder if she really did marry Dominic Diamond?   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2018, 03:34:23 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2018, 03:30:46 PM

Occasionally they were permitted to use a little axle grease.

Sounds like wreckers to me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Anyone else following the Aziz Asnari situation?  Couldn't be arsed to find the sexual assault thread.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
Anyone else following the Aziz Asnari situation?  Couldn't be arsed to find the sexual assault thread.
Heard about it, not following it.  Has there been a counter-outrage about how he has been treated?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2018, 10:14:14 PM
Heard about it, not following it.  Has there been a counter-outrage about how he has been treated?

That's all I'm seeing, counteroutrage.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2018, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2018, 10:14:14 PM

That's all I'm seeing, counteroutrage.
How long before counter-counter-outrage?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 22, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
How long before counter-counter-outrage?

I'm sure that's at least one person tweeting counter counter outrage as we speak, but in terms of gaining traction my guess is never.

garbon

Most seem to agree it was a hit piece. And it failed the current movement as nothing there was a legal problem. If they wanted  to talk about issues in modern sexual relations (as even a kind reading still has him acting a bit douchey) then they could have left his name out like they did for his 'accuser.'

From what I've read that site seems to be the newest take on the xoJane type setup.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Crazy fan girl dumps her boyfriend to chase down semi famous actor and eventually gets him to pay attention to her.
They go on a date, she agrees to blow him and be oralled herself, she then leaves and decides the next morning that she is very upset about the whole thing because she had some naive idea it would be all wonderful and romantic and that he wouldn't be a straight guy who wants to hook up with women.
Poor Aziz, hooking up with a  psycho.

It is interesting though in that the old trend for women to sleep with footballers so they could sell the story is now spreading to everyone famous.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Don't be a creep Tyr. That is not what happened.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Wheeeee 7.9 earthquake off the coast. No worry of tsunami here in Anchorage but friends In kodiak and other coastal locations are under warnings. Hope your sister is ok Garbon.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son