News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Creepy occurance.
Today at work a guy was showing a few of us this little toy robot he has.
Today looking at Facebook the ads are for that same robot.
I've heard of this happening but first I've seen.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Speaking of Facebook ads, I'm seeing ads for crotchless panties at Macy's almost daily now.  Not related to what my coworkers have shown me, nor anything else in my life I can think of.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2017, 07:11:40 PM
Speaking of Facebook ads, I'm seeing ads for crotchless panties at Macy's almost daily now.  Not related to what my coworkers have shown me, nor anything else in my life I can think of.

How else are you going to Grab That Pussy with so much fabric in the way?

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2017, 12:11:18 PM
Man do the Russians never get tired of blaming us for their crimes?
Why should they be when it works so well internally, and even occasionally externally?

garbon

I don't think I've ever seen firefighters saving paintings before (from currently raging California fire that, among many things, has destroyed some mansions in Bel Air)

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Some of that art is more valuable than the people that own it.

Eddie Teach

Ed owns the original Dogs Playing Poker.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

This made me laugh, and I figured we could all use a laugh

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 07, 2017, 11:35:23 AM
Ed owns the original Dogs Playing Poker.

Some of the copies of that are more valuable than the people that own them.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: garbon on December 07, 2017, 09:58:06 AM
I don't think I've ever seen firefighters saving paintings before (from currently raging California fire that, among many things, has destroyed some mansions in Bel Air)

Ack one has broken out about 20 miles from my mother. Spoke with her and she accidentally drove about it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 08, 2017, 03:56:42 PM

Ack one has broken out about 20 miles from my mother. Spoke with her and she accidentally drove about it.

Oh, hoping she and home avoid it. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on December 08, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

When she drove by it said the big hill near freeway was covered in black smoke. Couldn't see the fire but felt the heat through her car when she was in left hand fast lane on northbound side (southbound side was where fire was). :o

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 08, 2017, 04:07:24 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 08, 2017, 04:02:06 PM

When she drove by it said the big hill near freeway was covered in black smoke. Couldn't see the fire but felt the heat through her car when she was in left hand fast lane on northbound side (southbound side was where fire was). :o

That was a close call, I've driven past road fires and they've not felt that hot; at least 20 miles away is a good long way for the fire travel.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Yeah, exactly. Driving by fires in southern California isn't an unheard of thing but actually feeling it means it is pretty strong.

Big concern really is that she lives near a canyon of dry vegetation. So concern is really more about if another fire starts rather than that particular one.