And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2017, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
If the world's wealth were divided equally, each household would have $56,540.

Median household wealth is $3,582; if you have more than that you are in the top 50%.

From The Economist.
Huh?
He means that if your household wealth is more than $3,582, you're not in the bottom 50% of world's households.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on November 21, 2017, 08:45:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2017, 08:34:38 PM
If the world's wealth were divided equally, each household would have $56,540.

Median household wealth is $3,582; if you have more than that you are in the top 50%.

From The Economist.
Huh?
He means that if your household wealth is more than $3,582, you're not in the bottom 50% of world's households.

:showoff:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Household wealth?  That's just the cash he's got in the house now.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Huh?

Someone slept through math class and had to go into the army.  :console:

If you start counting at the bottom and stop halfway through, what that person or household has is the median.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2017, 09:17:39 PM
Huh?

Someone slept through math class and had to go into the army.  :console:

If you start counting at the bottom and stop halfway through, what that person or household has is the median.

What, in the house? Or bank?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2017, 09:19:03 PM

In the house, in the bank, in the insurance, in the 401k, in the IRA, in the market, the house itself, everything.  Your wealth. 

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 21, 2017, 09:21:48 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 21, 2017, 09:19:03 PM

In the house, in the bank, in the insurance, in the 401k, in the IRA, in the market, the house itself, everything.  Your wealth.

Ah then I'm pretty well off then.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2017, 05:45:02 PM
Argentine Navy has lost a sub, last scene on Wednesday.  US Navy and NASA are assisting in the search.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/nasa-icebridge-flying-lab-aids-in-search-for-missing-argentine-navy-sub/

What the fuck. I saw (what I assume to be) that sub in Ushuaia just a few weeks ago. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on November 21, 2017, 09:49:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2017, 05:45:02 PM
Argentine Navy has lost a sub, last scene on Wednesday.  US Navy and NASA are assisting in the search.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/11/nasa-icebridge-flying-lab-aids-in-search-for-missing-argentine-navy-sub/

What the fuck. I saw (what I assume to be) that sub in Ushuaia just a few weeks ago. :(

Freaky.

Apparently still no sign of the sub.  It's diesel, not nuclear, so it's going to run out of air in the next day or two.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on November 21, 2017, 04:04:48 AM
Local elections today! They've been dominated by news stories about orgies, sex swings, weddings, dark rooms and penis collages. Who said local politics was dull? Anyhoo, I'll be voting for a party not involved with any of that. :zzz

Youngest mayor ever in Denmark is Christina Krzyrosiak Hansen, a 24 year old social democrat from Holbæk.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Missing Argentine sub presumed lost as two nuclear test ban monitoring stations had recorded sounds consistent with an underwater implosion on Wednesday near the area the sub went missing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42100620
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.