News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Today I learned that Lt. George H. W. Bush, future President of the United States, came very close to being eaten by cannibals (in the so-called "Chichi Jima Incident"). 

Source: "Cannibalism" by Bill Schutt.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

He wasn't eaten. Did he get cold feet?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
I have never eaten Mustard before, as weird as that sounds.  I kinda like it.

A life without mustard is a life not worth living.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2017, 12:23:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
I have never eaten Mustard before, as weird as that sounds.  I kinda like it.

A life without mustard is a life not worth living.

Well a life with only English mustard isn't worth living either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 28, 2017, 12:22:32 PM
He wasn't eaten. Did he get cold feet?

Perhaps the cannibals ran out of mustard. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

I've been experimenting with imported German mustards (don't tell my parents) and I've decided I do not like sweet mustard one bit.  I do like that they come from a toothpaste-type tube though :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Every kind of mustard, including sweet mustard, has it's place.

I usually have between 3-5 jars of mustard in my fridge at any given time.  :blush:

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2017, 01:40:51 PM
Every kind of mustard, including sweet mustard, has it's place.

I usually have between 3-5 jars of mustard in my fridge at any given time.  :blush:

Yes, English mustard has a place. The trash. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

what is English mustard?

while I like many different types of mustard, I got to admit my favourite is still the bright yellow cheap stuff.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

derspiess

Local-ish place makes a Dusseldorf mustard that is the bomb:

Unfortunately no longer available at my Kroger.  Surprisingly the White Castle Dusseldorf Mustard is a halfway decent replacement.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Looks like it's a kielbasa and sauerkraut kind of night. Maybe with some hot potato salad. :mmm:

Thanks for the dinner idea, guys. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2017, 02:12:42 PM
Looks like it's a kielbasa and sauerkraut kind of night. Maybe with some hot potato salad. :mmm:

You want pyrogies with your kielbasa and sauerkraut. :contract:

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

Or, alternatively, vareniki.  ;)

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2017, 02:22:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 28, 2017, 02:15:34 PM

Or, alternatively, vareniki.  ;)

Does your wife's family call them that?  Even the FOTB Ukes I know call them pyrogy.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on September 28, 2017, 01:53:31 PM
what is English mustard?

while I like many different types of mustard, I got to admit my favourite is still the bright yellow cheap stuff.

The aftertaste is most foul.