News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I occasionally volunteer for a few hours in a local thrift shop, very good cause, and oddly nearly every time I've done it, someone I know and have not seen for years turns up. :blink:

This morning James turned up, a chap I started doing ebay with years ago, back when californians used to post you wads of 10 dollar bills and digital cameras were expensive. Good me meet him again after such a long time.
Then I think a 'woman from my past' turned up at the shop, I say think because I was engaged with another customer and she was also wearing concealing big sunglasses on a wet english autumn morning.  :hmm:

Maybe a few of these friends and old acquaintances are talking to each other?, "heh, guess what X the recluse, sometimes shows up at this shop".:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

My brother bought a new house and is moving in this weekend.  He's a big Wes Anderson fan so as a housewarming gift I decided to get him this print for his home theater room:

I think I'll put it in a light walnut frame.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Don't listen to Mongers;  he would just pull over and take a dump on it.

It's a very nice print for a movie room.

garbon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jonmichaelpoff/world-geography-test?utm_term=.bmJ3w2ZN8#.pfWgx5Dka

Sent the above quiz to my employees. One picked Iceland when quiz asked for Ireland as well as Brazil when asked about Argentina. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2017, 06:22:55 AM
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jonmichaelpoff/world-geography-test?utm_term=.bmJ3w2ZN8#.pfWgx5Dka

Sent the above quiz to my employees. One picked Iceland when quiz asked for Ireland as well as Brazil when asked about Argentina. :hmm:

I suck at Central America, I didn't know Guatemala and had to take a chance. I failed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

I knew Guatemala as I know that Mexico has issues with illegal immigrants from Guatemala crossing the border.

Guatemala:Mexico::Mexico:USA

My one failure was that for some reason, I picked Bolivia instead of Peru. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

In order to model radio interference on locomotive rooftops I've been looking at 3D radio frequency modeling software called FEKO (giggle).  It's part of a larger 3D manufacturing suite known as Hyperworks.  While I've only looked at the RF portion1., maybe I should try to convince our project we need the entire suite.  From my e-mail this morning:

QuoteTailgate in Style with SOLIDWORKS Plastics

Follow these design tips to have the best tailgate in the lot

Fall is here, and for millions of fans that means football. Every fan knows the best way to celebrate game day is with a tailgate full of friends, a hot grill, and cold drinks. This year, you can stop fumbling around with standard store-bought tailgate gear and make a statement by designing your own beer tap with SOLIDWORKS Plastics.

Huddle up with Plastics expert Jeff Osman as he shares the plastics design tips to ensure your design can be molded with ease and your tailgate will flow...responsibly. During the presentation, you'll learn how to use SOLIDWORKS Plastics to create a design that will be built for purpose and successfully complete the injection molding process.

1.)  The FEKO matter, as it were
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2017, 06:22:55 AM

I couldn't remember which country was Uruguay, and which was Paraguay, and guessed incorrectly.  24/25
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

I couldn't find the name sake for frat boys everywhere (chad)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

It's east of the Chicken Nugget. Easy to remember.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on September 22, 2017, 09:35:14 AM
I couldn't find the name sake for frat boys everywhere (chad)

I remembered that Ghadaffi once had a deeply stupid war with Chad over several miles of Sahara Desert, and chose accordingly.

And not a single one of my fraternity brothers was named Chad.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.