News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Looks like a Rat bird hybrid. I agree with eddie's conclusion.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Dinosaurs were/are birds man. You have to accept it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2017, 12:39:14 AM

I think that's well accepted now.  But dinosaurs being the ancestors of birds is very different from T Rex looking like a feather duster.  We do have some examples of their skin being preserved - and while some had a few feathers, not all did.

I took the kids to the Royal Tyrrell Museum this summer.  They had a fabulous ankylosaur-type they had found up in the oil sands.  Although he was missing his hind legs he was otherwise perfectly preserved - skin and other tissue included.  And he had no feathers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Right now I'd settle for Timmay catching a pigeon in the face.

Zanza

A German nurse who is serving a life sentence already for attempted murder and two cases of murder is now suspect in at least 84 more cases and is likely the worst postwar serial killer here. They assume more cases but those victims were cremated so they can't prove it anymore. He apparently did it to resuscitate the patients and be seen as hero... except it often did not work out.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2017, 11:05:44 AM
Right now I'd settle for Timmay catching a pigeon in the face.

How about a NK Su-7?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2017, 11:01:16 AM

I think that's well accepted now.  But dinosaurs being the ancestors of birds is very different from T Rex looking like a feather duster.  We do have some examples of their skin being preserved - and while some had a few feathers, not all did.

I took the kids to the Royal Tyrrell Museum this summer.  They had a fabulous ankylosaur-type they had found up in the oil sands.  Although he was missing his hind legs he was otherwise perfectly preserved - skin and other tissue included.  And he had no feathers.

I thought that was a Nodosaurus? Yeah my kids thought was amazing.

However, theropods were/are especially bird-like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2017, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2017, 11:01:16 AM

I thought that was a Nodosaurus? Yeah my kids thought was amazing.

However, theropods were/are especially bird-like.

I couldn't remember it's name, but it looks like Nodosaurus is right (though it is also an ankylosaurian).  It was pretty cool to see in person.

If your kids love dinosaurs they should come up to Drumheller.  It's this smallish town about an hour outside of Calgary, but because it's in the middle of some of the best dinosaur bone grounds anywhere in the world there is this amazing world-class museum. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zanza on August 28, 2017, 12:31:48 PM
A German nurse who is serving a life sentence already for attempted murder and two cases of murder is now suspect in at least 84 more cases and is likely the worst postwar serial killer here. They assume more cases but those victims were cremated so they can't prove it anymore. He apparently did it to resuscitate the patients and be seen as hero... except it often did not work out.

I think Law and Order: SVU used something like that in one of the earlier episodes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, Cracker Barrel had Christmas stuff for sale.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Who are you to judge? You'll have your tree up in a month.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

One of the DHS' top 10 wanted criminals was recently arrested in Montreal... by police riding bicycles.

http://dailyhive.com/montreal/montreal-police-khaophone-sychanta-arrest