News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I'm sick of hearing about the Eclipse.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2017, 07:46:25 PM

Personally, I wouldn't own a Mitsubishi.

Caliga

Me too.  I wish I'd taken the day off too, so I could go to one of these 'eclipse towns' and give all the nerds wedgies.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on August 20, 2017, 08:31:42 AM
If you like that stuff, try Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari.  I didn't agree with all of his conclusions (or maybe even most of them), but he asks all the right questions, so it should really stimulate your thoughts.
Thanks.  I started reading 'Collapse' last night, but I'll see about that one next.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2017, 11:47:24 AM
Me too.  I wish I'd taken the day off too, so I could go to one of these 'eclipse towns' and give all the nerds wedgies.

You don't have to travel to give yourself a wedgie.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 21, 2017, 12:04:21 PM
I'm talking about eclipse nerds here, chief.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 21, 2017, 12:04:21 PM
I'm talking about eclipse nerds here, chief.
His statement still stands.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 21, 2017, 11:47:24 AM

Newsletter, subscribe
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Ca probably only gives boob wedgies.

MadBurgerMaker

Got some good photos with a couple of layers of used xray film over my phone camera lens.  :)

derspiess

On my 13 hour drive back from Florida last Saturday I ran across a Canadian XM station that had country music in French.  Did not know that was a thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

I've been having problems with eye strain from looking at excel all day. The opticians gave me glasses, not particularly strong ones, but yeah.
They're only to be used when on a computer, I don't have to wear them all the time.
Yet...
It always seems my eyes are worse after wearing them on the computer....
Normal adjustment time or...bad prescription?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Jefferson City was an eclipse town and I just saw it on my back porch.  No clouds.  Really impressive.  Temperature dropped about 20 degrees and it got dark.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

We had a decent enough partial eclipse here in Cincy. My son and I watched it at the library.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall