The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Excellent work on his part.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2017, 12:26:39 PM
my wife decided to put him outside on a lead in the front yard.  About a minute later my 3 year old is yelling "daddy come look!".  Yup - he caught himself a mouse.

No surprise that a cat's first order of business after being put on a leash is to murder.  :P

Josquius

I used to be awesome at VBA.
Trying to do something with it for the first time in 2 years though and I can't remember a thing.
Just what am I doing wrong here, the simplest task of trying to set a variable to take a value from a cell.

Do
    row1 = row1 + 1
    country = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("numbers").Cell("A,row1").Value
    percountry = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("numbers").Cells("H,row1")

row = 1
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I'm going to see Elvis Costello next Tuesday. Not really my bag, baby.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2017, 07:57:07 AM
I'm going to see Elvis Costello next Tuesday. Not really my bag, baby.

I really like some of his songs, but I can't really get into listening to a full album of his.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Not to rain on the parade of this study that found the NHS to be the most efficient and affordable health care service out of 11 rich countries checked, but as a future patient, should I not be more concerned with quality of care and especially number of avoidable deaths, which seem to be among the worst on the list?

The Minsky Moment

Yes but they are at least in average in dealing with unavoidable death so there's that.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on July 14, 2017, 09:41:17 AM
Not to rain on the parade of this study that found the NHS to be the most efficient and affordable health care service out of 11 rich countries checked, but as a future patient, should I not be more concerned with quality of care and especially number of avoidable deaths, which seem to be among the worst on the list?

Get Bupa - though apparently they did have an angry employee triggering a data breach.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on July 14, 2017, 09:41:17 AM

You try giving 350 million a week to filthy continentals and see how well you manage.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

This one car alarm in my neighborhood keeps going off around 1 every night and keeps up for 15-30 minutes. Annoying af.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

German police shot dead eleven persons last year and used firearms against persons a total of 52 times.

Josquius

Interesting realisation of the day - the correct English word for the Italian Fascism should be faggotism
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on July 15, 2017, 05:46:51 AM
Interesting realisation of the day - the correct English word for the Italian Fascism should be faggotism

Heh.