News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Ok I stand corrected. Vivent les cow-boys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2017, 10:12:45 AM
Quote from: citizen k on May 23, 2017, 10:24:17 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poland-gets-jim-cramer-apologize-comparing-macys-wwii-army-195735585.html
The Polish Embassy in the United States took issue with CNBC “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer’s decision to belittle Macy’s marketing tactics with a comparison to the Polish army’s efforts against the Nazi invasion in World War II.
According to the embassy’s statement Tuesday afternoon, Cramer had made an “inaccurate and insensitive” statement on May 11: “Macy’s is like the Polish Army in WWII — it tried to field cavalry against German tanks and it did not end well.”
“This is pure Nazi and Communist propaganda that continues to weave its way into Western media reports to this very day. If the mainstream media is to be respected by viewers, it cannot recycle old Nazi propaganda,” it reads.
The statement clarifies that a small number of Polish cavalry charges in 1939 were directed against Nazi infantry, artillery and supplies, but never tanks.
“Over 75 years have passed since the start of World War II, it is time to abandon false claims based on propaganda,” the statement reads.
An NBC representative redirected Yahoo News to Cramer’s Twitter page when asked for comment. He simply wrote, “Duly noted. I am sorry. It will not happen again…”

Yeah we didn't send horses against tanks.  We sent them against heavy machine guns and armored cars, damn it!

The submarines with screen doors were still a success, though, right?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Tornado sirens going off. If I die, I will haunt you all and ghost rape you in your sleep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Good luck, Tornado alley Ed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

My town, Bellbrook, didn't take a hit but Fairborn might have took one and possibly another on the ground near Park Layne right now.

Wolfs Lair remains at full alert.

Ed Anger

Looks like the motherfucker hit Park Layne. I hope it didn't hit the McDonalds there. The service is decent.

Ed Anger

Seedy must have gotten locked in the restroom stall. I miss our nightly banter.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

He fell asleep in the stall and now he's locked in for the night. Contractors....what can you do.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

His cats have ripped the shrink wrap off his wargames and are punching the counters.

Can I haz: SS Panzer?

11B4V

MAH HANS RUDEL COUNTER!!!!!
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 24, 2017, 09:18:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 24, 2017, 09:15:08 PM

He fell asleep in the stall and now he's locked in for the night. Contractors....what can you do.

ADA compliance is simply luxurious.

Actually, rolled in waaay too late from the T00L concert at GMU.  Getting too old for this shit.
Maynard was wearing full body armor, complete with helmet.

Ed Anger

Hell, I got wore out years ago taking the wife to a Feist concert.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2017, 08:00:13 AM
Hell, I got wore out years ago taking the wife to a Feist concert.

Raymond E.?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.