News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 02:24:47 PM

By the by, my take is that Twitter is mostly not for me - however, I have found it very useful for one purpose. It is great for learning about live events that my have not yet made the news or considered important enough for wider press coverage.

I did enjoy watching the Turkish coup attempt unfold in real time via twitter  :blush:

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 06:25:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 01, 2017, 05:59:43 AM
I've never gotten the pepe thing

A quick look into the things that the mind of Jos has also never understood:

QuoteI've never gotten that; the idea that vanilla is the 'plain' and flavorless one.

I've never gotten the assosiation of Marvel/DC with childhood

Online dating- now that I've totally never understood.

I've never understood sandwiches at KFC.

I've never understood air miles

I've never got the separate shampoo and conditioner thing

I never got twitter

I think that one is kind of insightful, actually.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 02:05:01 PM
Anyway, my point isn't that all has value (Pepe certainly doesnt) but that he should take some time to learn about things - rather just dismissing as he's admitted too.

You must be really fucking bored.

Yeah, I mean, Tyr can be pretty inane. Sure. But given the inanity that's languish, why are you so interested in discussing Tyr's inanity particularly? What makes it so special?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 01, 2017, 02:02:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Perhaps you should skew towards maybe I need to learn about things there are so many disparate things that I can't understand.

Feel free to educate him on the immense value of Twitter.

It is how the American people speaks to the people of Earth.

Anyway, my point isn't that all has value (Pepe certainly doesnt) but that he should take some time to learn about things - rather just dismissing as he's admitted too.
You have to first recognise what you don't know before you can learn about it.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2017, 04:56:32 PM

You must be really fucking bored.

Yeah, I mean, Tyr can be pretty inane. Sure. But given the inanity that's languish, why are you so interested in discussing Tyr's inanity particularly? What makes it so special?

His ignorance and his willingness to tout it about is something I've remarked upon on more than one occasion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 05:54:20 PM
His ignorance and his willingness to tout it about is something I've remarked upon on more than one occasion.

Indeed. Your dedication to the matter is almost disquieting. Almost.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on March 01, 2017, 06:24:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 01, 2017, 05:54:20 PM

Indeed. Your dedication to the matter is almost disquieting. Almost.

You are a grown man, you can survive.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

The Brain had a hard day at work.  :lol:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Funny you should post that, just had a nice soire' with Baltimore County's finest and a gentleman i one of the units in the building across from mine who threatened to shoot me in the fucking face.  So I called 911 to save his life.

Ed Anger

I can be in Charm City with a full fire team in several hours if you need backup.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2017, 06:49:12 PM
The Brain had a hard day at work.  :lol:

How many eyes does that animal have?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2017, 08:47:16 PM
Funny you should post that, just had a nice soire' with Baltimore County's finest and a gentleman i one of the units in the building across from mine who threatened to shoot me in the fucking face.  So I called 911 to save his life.

lol Baltimore
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point