News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You Brits are pretty silly about that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 13, 2017, 04:31:01 AM

Not me, I really like the redheads  :cool:  (apart from Tyr of course  :lol: )

The Brain

Algy and Bertie seemed to tolerate Ginger.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 13, 2017, 04:31:01 AM

Might be English loathing of the Scots & Irish?

Anyway, redheads are hot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on January 13, 2017, 04:19:56 AM
Ugh.
Horrible discovery about my family history.
It seems I'm a carrier.
All this time I had thought my grandmother had black hair but it seems she dyed it.
In reality she was...  A ginger.
If it should ever come time for me to have kids I shall have to engage in rigorous genetic testing. I'll have to carefully choose a partner who does not also carry the taint. If anyone will have me that is.  It was hard enough before.

Ça sent le roussi pour Tyr ! (pun intended)

celedhring

My grandma and my aunt are redheads, although my mother is blonde. So I might be a carrier too.

Anyhow, I find them hot too. My GF is a fake redhead (hard to find the real deal down here)

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 13, 2017, 12:31:21 AM
The problem with dictatorships is that they think they can just dictate anything...and it will be so.

Gorby banned alcohol...look how well that turned out for him.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on January 13, 2017, 06:43:37 AM
My grandma and my aunt are redheads, although my mother is blonde. So I might be a carrier too.

Anyhow, I find them hot too. My GF is a fake redhead (hard to find the real deal down here)

Ginger girls are very capitalist.
They're either super hot or super ugly with few in the middle.

Ginger men are shunned.

I am now taking this as THE REASON for my being eternally single.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I always thought it was because you were an ill-informed drunk.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on January 13, 2017, 11:41:16 AM
I always thought it was because you were an ill-informed drunk.

It was a joke.  Obviously there are real reasons.  Those two are not among them.  Were they true I've no doubt that things would be better on the woman front :contract:
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Tyr, you need two different genes to be a ginger. If you only have one of them, you'll probably only get red in your beard.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Oh hey, looks like the measles vaccine leads to a significant drop in childhood death from other infectious diseases as well: http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/05/07/404963436/scientists-crack-a-50-year-old-mystery-about-the-measles-vaccine

katmai

But what about autism!!!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on January 13, 2017, 03:06:04 PM
Oh hey, looks like the measles vaccine leads to a significant drop in childhood death from other infectious diseases as well: http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/05/07/404963436/scientists-crack-a-50-year-old-mystery-about-the-measles-vaccine

Interesting, but I'm going to wait and see what the RFK Jr. commission has to say.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Apparently in French the word eventually merely means possibly rather than ultimately.
And not many native speakers are aware of this.
That's a war starting false friend that is.
██████
██████
██████