News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on January 05, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
Too much tequilla

Not even sure that is sufficient to explain Nieto's gaffs.

Oh you mean the Mexican Army.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

https://www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/the-ultimate-london-geography-quiz?utm_term=.kbDw031Bz#.acYojGw03

QuoteHow Well Do You Actually Know London?

You got 17 out of 20 right!
You know London really well
You got over 80% on this quiz, which means you're a bit of a London expert. You rarely get lost and can get around without using a map. Congratulations!

Yay! Although I only did that well as most of the question are about Zone 1. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

QuoteYou got 14 out of 20 right!
You know you're way around London pretty well
You know all the main attractions, and you never get lost on the Tube, but you might have to glance at the map occaisionally.

Hey nice! Granted most of it was just logic. 'Yeah because they totally would make a monument like that in the 20th century or for Charles I'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

I got 12 out of 20, and even that was mostly guesswork.

But I felt like a  :smarty: when it asked which building was the Old Bailey and I totally knew the answer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2017, 10:38:58 AM
I got 12 out of 20, and even that was mostly guesswork.

But I felt like a  :smarty: when it asked which building was the Old Bailey and I totally knew the answer.

:rolleyes: every would-be revolutionary Fawkes mask-wearing nerd knows that from watching V for Vendetta

Valmy

Quoteevery would-be revolutionary Fawkes mask-wearing nerd knows that from watching V for Vendetta

Yeah that totally describes BB :P

garbon

Well I get to work from home on Monday. Tube strike closing all stations in Zone 1!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Euro sure do like to strike
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Monoriu

Quote from: HVC on January 06, 2017, 01:10:22 PM
Euro sure do like to strike

From my perspective, North Americans like to strike too  :lol:

11B4V

Quote from: chipwich on January 05, 2017, 02:23:56 AM
Why did mexico perform so poorly in the Mexican American war?

They were Mexican. :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

AnchorClanker

Retire next May.  Fuck yeah! 

The plan?

The-Weird-Guy-Who-Lives-In-A-Van-By-The-Gas-Station.

OK, that's Plan B.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 07, 2017, 05:33:06 AM

The plan?

OK, that's Plan B.

Ah great you made it, congratulations!   :hug:

At worst you can now be the eccentric in the mountain cabin  :D

Eddie Teach

Why a gas station? The river water too clean for you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: AnchorClanker on January 07, 2017, 05:33:06 AM

The plan?

OK, that's Plan B.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.