And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Eddie Teach

Watching Yi groan was pretty funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 09, 2016, 03:19:55 PM
Watching Yi groan was pretty funny.
It was all right, nothing special.

Josquius

Seriously.  WTF is up with Polish tv.
I've heard of this one guy reading a script on top of all the characters thing before but thought it was a relic of less prosperous communist times. Surely in the modern age people expect better.  Can't even switch the guy off and watch the pure original.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on December 09, 2016, 03:57:10 PM
Seriously.  WTF is up with Polish tv.
I've heard of this one guy reading a script on top of all the characters thing before but thought it was a relic of less prosperous communist times. Surely in the modern age people expect better.  Can't even switch the guy off and watch the pure original.

It is poland. People able to read a script are in short supply.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

So our company bought new iPad Air 2 to replace our aging iPad 4s sometime last spring but didn't want to hand them out before the new company app was finished and fully functioning. Now they've decided to just hand them out anyway, why is software so difficult?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Software is the most complex thing that humans make. That's why it fails so often.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2016, 03:00:15 PM
I'm big on passing the pain along so made my employees look at that. They, of course, cringed but also loved it. :D

You own a company now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on December 10, 2016, 02:14:10 PM
Software is the most complex thing that humans make. That's why it fails so often.

Humans make humans. Some people are very complex.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 10, 2016, 02:40:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 09, 2016, 03:00:15 PM
I'm big on passing the pain along so made my employees look at that. They, of course, cringed but also loved it. :D

You own a company now?

He's got peons.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

QuoteBucks logo faces opposition from liqueur company Mast-Jagermeister
6:19 PM ET
Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- A German company that makes a popular liqueur is not raising a shot glass to the Milwaukee Bucks' redesigned logo.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Mast-Jagermeister has filed formal opposition with an appeal board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office about the registration of the logo.

The company contends it "has established exclusive rights in the DEER HEAD Marks through use in commerce in the United States" going back to 1968. It cites numerous reasons to oppose registration for the NBA team, including the possibility that people might confuse the two companies or believe they are connected or affiliated.

Both logos feature forward-looking deer with large antlers inside a circle or partial circle in about the same proportions.

Neither the Bucks nor Jagermeister returned messages seeking comment.

In completely related news, the Deutsche Jägerschaft has not returned messages seeking comment, either.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I might start watching football again if that was a regular thing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.