The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 04, 2016, 02:01:52 PM
Your animal rights news of the day...

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/28/asia/japan-frozen-fish-rink-trnd/index.html

:lol: It's so comforting to realize that, across all our differences--cultures, languages, politics--that there's one thing that binds all of mankind together: there's always going to be some someone, somewhere that says, "Yeah, this is a good idea."

DGuller

Quote from: Liep on December 04, 2016, 12:38:39 PM
Far-right suffers a loss in Europe so now we know that can happen. Van der Bellen wins in Austria.
Hopefully Trump's win will be a warning to all the non-far-right voters everywhere that this shit is truly getting serious, and that whatever dissatisfaction you have with the other parties or the system cannot justify inaction.

Josquius

What's with girls saying "squad" to refer to their friends these days? 🤔
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Sounds like a cheerleader thing. Or maybe they think they're commandos.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

It was my understanding that, thanks to moron autistic Animetards, teenaged girls were moving towards more of a German-based combined arms TO & E.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2016, 05:23:17 PM
It was my understanding that, thanks to moron autistic Animetards, teenaged girls were moving towards more of a German-based combined arms TO & E.

I laughed.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

I out-napped you today.  Yay, me.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on December 05, 2016, 01:30:25 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 04, 2016, 10:08:37 PM
I'm still napping.

Languish is just a bad dream.

Most of the internet is. Sometimes I want to go back in time and kill Al Gore instead of Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/sifter/four-new-elements-officially-added-periodic-table?utm_source=sciencemagazine&utm_medium=facebook-text&utm_campaign=fournewelements-9543

QuoteFour new elements officially added to the periodic table
Dec. 2, 2016

Last December, four new elements—with atomic numbers 113, 115, 117, and 118—earned their spots on the periodic table. They were temporarily named ununtrium, ununpentium, ununseptium, and ununoctium until the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry revealed their "unofficial" names in June. Now that the period for public comment is over, those names are finally official, The New York Times reports. Three of the elements were named after locations of scientists' institutions: Tennessine (Tennessee), Nihonium (Japan) and Moscovium (Moscow). Yuri Oganessian, a nuclear physics professor at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research, inspired the fourth, Oganesson. The four elements, synthetically created in labs, round out the seventh row of the table.

Mew.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.