News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I may be taking a biz trip to Grenada (the island) in November.

I'm reading the official gov't guide to Grenada and amongst the "perils and hazards" it lists:

Coconut Palms: Coconuts could drop off.
:huh:

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on September 08, 2009, 12:38:43 PM

I'm reading the official gov't guide to Grenada and amongst the "perils and hazards" it lists:

And hit you in the head killing you.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 08, 2009, 12:43:08 PM

And hit you in the head killing you.

We hardly knew you, Josephus.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josephus

I shall take a pith helmet with me, then and be on the watchout for Killer Coconuts.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

charliebear

I've finished moving, and am enjoying a cold, adult beverage.  Still surrounded by boxes waiting to be unpacked.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: charliebear on September 08, 2009, 02:38:28 PM
I've finished moving, and am enjoying a cold, adult beverage.  Still surrounded by boxes waiting to be unpacked.

Iced tea?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

When you're in a turn lane that is backing up behind you and spilling over into the traffic lane beside you, leaving two carlengths between your car and the one in front of you is not "being safe". It's "being a douche".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

charliebear

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 02:43:20 PM
Quote from: charliebear on September 08, 2009, 02:38:28 PM

Iced tea?

No.

Josquius

Hey, don't scoff. It kills more people per year than shark attacks :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on September 09, 2009, 06:26:45 AM

Hey, don't scoff. It kills more people per year than shark attacks :ph34r:

You realize I'm going to be totally paranoid now of every coconut palm I see. :cry:

Razgovory

This armpit hair has made me curious.  Is proper for a man to trim armpit hair?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

swallow

My Damson jam last year had too many stones for anyone to eat, but I'm going to use it to make iced tea

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 09, 2009, 07:10:19 AM

I have never trimmed my armpit hair.

Valmy

I don't think anybody would complain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Only if you know the trimmee well.