News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

A little something I did while waiting for the Lasagne in the oven to finish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Strix

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 06, 2009, 10:20:03 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2009, 10:15:07 AM
Some people are dumb

Voting doesn't put food on the table.  :P

It also doesn't always matter. I can vote for shitty corrupt politician A or fucked up corrupt politician B.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2009, 10:15:07 AM
Some people are dumb

I guess they would reason that if one retains the right to bear arms, one could take back the right to vote, whereas if one loses the right to bear arms the right to vote could easily be made meaningless by an ill-disposed gov't.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

PDH

God bless Wyoming, the big red square there fighting for freedom!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on September 06, 2009, 11:45:13 AM

I guess they would reason that if one retains the right to bear arms, one could take back the right to vote, whereas if one loses the right to bear arms the right to vote could easily be made meaningless by an ill-disposed gov't.  ;)
Look at the states which voted yey for guns.
I doubt they were being sneaky and clever about it :p
██████
██████
██████

Korea

Quote from: Syt on September 06, 2009, 06:15:10 AM
A little something I did while waiting for the Lasagne in the oven to finish.

Cute. :wub: I love kitties.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2009, 09:31:03 AM
:lol:
What a random advert.

It makes me want to hit cyclist even more.
I want my mother fucking points!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Korea on September 06, 2009, 12:23:55 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 06, 2009, 09:31:03 AM
:lol:
What a random advert.

It makes me want to hit cyclist even more.

You've been spending too much time around Ed.