News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Explosion in NYC not newsworthy enough yet for Languish?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2016, 02:44:31 AM

Not until muslims are linked to it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 17, 2016, 10:51:42 PM
USPS is being weird with a package I'm waiting for.  It arrived in SA on Thursday evening, so I was thinking "Cool, it'll be here tomorrow."  Then they sent it to this little town called George West, about 90 miles from here.  Then they sent it back to San Antonio.  Now it's back in George West.  :unsure:  I wonder how long they'll do this for.

I wonder if the shipper fat fingered the zip code on it (or the USPS's auto-zip code reader is misreading it).  With the dude at the George West post office (being a small enough town), seeing it and saying "send this crap back to the Alamo), but SA's office is just a robot (or slack-off human equivalents) that just kicks it back.

Legbiter

Tim is failing us. Large explosion in New York, dozens reported wounded.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37399592
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Well I guess we have an answer to whether legbiter actually reads anything on Languish...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Just stick it in my minor terrorism thread:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,14158.0.html
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

On my way home.
Weird that I should think of being on a train to Basel as being such. Still a long way to go from there.
And of course by home I mean the place where I'm currently set up.
Anyway.
Weird this trip how the place I expected the least of was perhaps the nicest.
I visited metz purely because it seemed to get to strasbourg or calmar and thus ch from luxembourg that is where I'd have to change trains.
From what I read it seemed a post industrial mess, filled with crooks. A french Salford or Middlesbrough.
Though... it was actually rather nice.

Luxembourg on the other hand. Lol.  An afternoon and I saw the entire city.
██████
██████
██████

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 18, 2016, 04:11:52 AM
I wonder if the shipper fat fingered the zip code on it (or the USPS's auto-zip code reader is misreading it).  With the dude at the George West post office (being a small enough town), seeing it and saying "send this crap back to the Alamo), but SA's office is just a robot (or slack-off human equivalents) that just kicks it back.

That sounds pretty USPSish.  I could be looking at an endless loop, depending on how much attention the guy in George West is paying.  If they send it back and forth again, I guess I'll call.....someone.  It's only a watch strap, but I would like to get it before I die of old age.

Speaking of which, because of this I now know that George West is the "storytelling capital of Texas."  Not really sure what to make of that.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on September 18, 2016, 03:19:16 AM

Not until muslims are linked to it.

Well there still isn't currently a link to Islam but 5 more of the devices were found in NJ.

Josquius

British weather is pretty much always meh.  Not rain or sun just..... meh.
That's why people go on holiday to Turkey.
Turkey is a muslim country so it doesnt have this middling weather, its always either sunni or shiite.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

I ditched Time Warner cable for DirectTv. My bill will be cut in half.  :)

And no more shitty cablebox crashing constantly and Time Warners shitty Indian tech support.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

LOL, at least the Indians work when it rains.

Ed Anger

Good thing I didn't mentioning switching to VoIP phone also.

CountDeMoney

Oh dude, I did that;  that was such a mistake.  :lol:  I have yet to manage a conversation longer than 10 minutes without it crashing my internet connection and having to reset my router. 

But hey, let's run our entire modern telecommunications infrastructure on it.

Ed Anger

I had MagicJack for about a day. Talk about shitty.

I'll put my faith in the ATT Death Star.