News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

The one hanging on my bathroom wall this Saturday morning was around this size:

The one I eliminated a couple of years ago was hardly any smaller.

garbon

Yep that is what I had.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2016, 09:29:13 AM
Oh fuck that shit

Also they are fast as fucking lightning, apparently doing 0.53m/s Luckily last weekend's was dormant or whatever. The first one I encountered was teleporting around my room.

garbon

Thankfully it was only the once. Also, thankfully I don't live there anymore.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2016, 09:36:37 AM
Thankfully it was only the once. Also, thankfully I don't live there anymore.

I have been thinking about an eventual property purchase on the countryside, due to trying to grab something resembling a living space yet withiin our modest budget, but if these fuckers are everyday occurrence closer to the wild, then I am quite inclined to reconsider.

Valmy

Living in a cottage in a cow pasture is the cherished English dream. I bet those things are expensive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2016, 09:22:58 AM

Looks about the size of the Dock Spiders I've seen in Northern Quebec. Maybe a bit smaller.

http://www.cottagetips.com/tips/facts-about-dock-spiders/

Oh, and this:

http://www.cottagetips.com/2012/07/dock-spider-nest/

:D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Reminds me of those damned wood spiders we have here; non-poisonous and great for bugs, but the fuckers can get mammoth and fast as balls.

Admiral Yi

I have gout!  :lol:

Probably from the kudu pate I ate last week.

But things feel sufficiently recovered that I don't have to scrub my trip tomorrow.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2016, 12:39:27 PM

Typical "bourgeois" disease, for the 19th century disease that is. More democratic nowadays.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2016, 12:39:27 PM

Your transformation into an 18th Century Aristocrat is nearly complete.  :hmm:

QuoteBut things feel sufficiently recovered that I don't have to scrub my trip tomorrow.

:)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on August 30, 2016, 09:22:58 AM

I have one of those living somewhere in the bedroom; it and it's friends keep the place free of flies or other flying insects.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Article on Melungians in the current Economist.

Bottom line: black and white, the rest is a myth.

The Larch

So, my parents just came back from my mother's hometown, where they spent a few days. She has recently restored the house she was born at, and whenever we visit her hometown we now stay there instead of bothering my grandmother for accomodation. There's still some work left to do and there are tons of old documents and magazines stored in the attic (my mother's family NEVER throws away anything). Rummaging through the stuff these days they found quite the treasure trove, a box full of numbers of "Der Adler", the Luftwaffe's propaganda magazine, which had a Spanish edition. They brought one back to me and now I have it in my hands, from march 1942. The only thing missing is a Göring centerpiece.