News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Today I learned apparently gen z regard skinny jeans with disdain and baggy jeans are the fashion again.
Huzzah. I survived and am fashionable again.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

HVC

Public urination brings people together? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on June 27, 2022, 01:05:28 PMFor a second I thought Biden had a giant mallet.

I thought very fat dog.

I get the EU chick, but who is it that makes 9 at the G7?

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 27, 2022, 01:13:11 PMI get the EU chick, but who is it that makes 9 at the G7?

The one to the right? That's Charles Michel (Belgian, president of the European Council).

DGuller

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 12:43:34 PMYou can feel Scholz's discomfort from miles away.  :lol:

How come Boris always looks as if he just got out of a bender?
From Anita Singh:
QuoteAnita Singh
@anitathetweeter
This is a wedding picture and Boris is the university rugby friend who dominated the stag do, Macron is the brother-in-law who hated him on sight (photo by @StefanRousseau)

:lol: I have been on that stag do. I have hated the university rugby friend(s).

To be honest between that and this:

I really do wish they'd just wear ties. Although I read a journalist saying that it is intended to be a very green summit so there's no air con anywhere and even with the doors and windows open it can get quite hot - so they might all just be very, very warm :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I mean, if you can't be bothered to wear a tie than at least dig out your old Iron Maiden t-shirt. Not wearing a tie and keeping the other stuff just looks lame to me  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 27, 2022, 01:42:46 PMI mean, if you can't be bothered to wear a tie than at least dig out your old Iron Maiden t-shirt. Not wearing a tie and keeping the other stuff just looks lame to me  :P

Yeah, they could dress much more comfortably (maybe not with the old Maiden t-shirt  :lol: ) and still make it feel formal Short sleeve shirts exist!. This way it's an absurd middle ground that makes nobody look good.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 27, 2022, 01:42:46 PMI mean, if you can't be bothered to wear a tie than at least dig out your old Iron Maiden t-shirt. Not wearing a tie and keeping the other stuff just looks lame to me  :P
I strongly believe all international organisations should follow the lead of the APEC and make all the leaders wear one of the host's traditional dress:

But they should be made to wear it for the entire conference.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2022, 01:46:27 PM
I strongly believe all international organisations should follow the lead of the APEC and make all the leaders wear one of the host's traditional dress:

But they should be made to wear it for the entire conference.

Do you really want to see Boris in a lederhosen?

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:45:07 PMYeah, they could dress much more comfortably (maybe not with the old Maiden t-shirt  :lol: ) and still make it feel formal Short sleeve shirts exist!. This way it's an absurd middle ground that makes nobody look good.
No :P I hate formal short sleeve shirts - in my head they're very Office Space and I can't imagine any self respecting Frenchman or Italian wearing them (and rightly so).

So having thought about it, full shirt but with arms rolled up is better :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Knotted handkerchief on head for the authentic 1950s Blackpool look  :cool:

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2022, 01:49:42 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:45:07 PMYeah, they could dress much more comfortably (maybe not with the old Maiden t-shirt  :lol: ) and still make it feel formal Short sleeve shirts exist!. This way it's an absurd middle ground that makes nobody look good.
No :P I hate formal short sleeve shirts - in my head they're very Office Space and I can't imagine any self respecting Frenchman or Italian wearing them (and rightly so).

So having thought about it, full shirt but with arms rolled up is better :blush:

That you can't make them work doesn't mean that they can't work.  :P

And you'd be surprised about what Frenchies or Italians dress when it's hot. Think... sleeveless.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:59:19 PMThat you can't make them work doesn't mean that they can't work.  :P
:o :weep:

QuoteAnd you'd be surprised about what Frenchies or Italians dress when it's hot. Think... sleeveless.  :lol:
:lol: Fair and lots of old retired Italian men love those short sleeve shirts. But surely not when they're working.

I suppose we should just be glad that Macron only undid the top button this time :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!