News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 27, 2022, 02:01:51 PM
Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 01:59:19 PMThat you can't make them work doesn't mean that they can't work.  :P
:o :weep:

:console: There there, I guess that Saville road doesn't do summer collections.

QuoteI suppose we should just be glad that Macron only undid the top button this time :lol:

I guess he didn't want to derail the meeting by unleashing his chest fur.  :lol:

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I have found myself watching Scandinavian taskmaster.
It makes me pine for the fjords.
No English subs but this task I found interesting. Swedes must communicate with an Icelandic person.

https://youtu.be/y0CtZ5wJ8iM

In UK taskmaster we have a regular task of speaking with a swede so it's an interesting turnaround
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

I tried Sea Asparagus for the first time - I am a big fan, especially sautéed with mushrooms.

https://eatnorth.com/dan-clapson/what-hell-sea-asparagus

Syt

I never really paid attention to the uniform of the German mountain troops, but they kinda look like they want to go to war with the Arachnids and invade Klendathu. :unsure:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Is one of those images from a show?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on June 30, 2022, 01:51:53 PMIs one of those images from a show?

You just lost a lot of cred my friend.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 30, 2022, 01:59:44 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 30, 2022, 01:51:53 PMIs one of those images from a show?

You just lost a lot of cred my friend.

Any cred I have re: sci-fi film and TV is purely coincidental. I mean, I recognize "Klendathu" from Starship Troopers (which I enjoyed), but I don't recall whether they looked like the German Mountain troops in question or just vaguely fascist, nor whether there's been any spinoff shows since the film.

I took Syt's post to be comparison of the actual uniform and a nearly identical uniform from a show... but I wasn't sure, hence the question.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

grumbler

No. The top one is the official Bundeswehr "this is what the uniform looks like" photo, and the other is a photo shared by some twitter dude of himself in that uniform.  This is a comparison of two identical things.

There are some similarities with the ST uniforms, so I can see how one could relate them if one doesn't look too closely at the two sets of uniforms.  I think that the cap shape and jacket color are what make them look similar, though the cuts are very different.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

After reading about the USSC decision limiting the rule making powers of the EPA, I am coming to the view we really are living in a simulation and a 12 year old decided to fuck with the settings to see what happens.

Josquius

I just realised.
The teenage mutant hero turtles loved pizza. With anchovies.
I always thought this was just a type of pizza that though rare isn't unknown and they randomly liked it because why not.
No no no. Its because they're freaking turtles.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on July 02, 2022, 03:10:31 PMI just realised.
The teenage mutant hero turtles loved pizza. With anchovies.
I always thought this was just a type of pizza that though rare isn't unknown and they randomly liked it because why not.
No no no. Its because they're freaking turtles.

Teenage mutant hero turtles... you ok? :lol:

Edit, just checked, that the official name over there. You Brit's are weird.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.