News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

HVC

Oh, making fun of German is an old pasttime. Tim Allen even had a bit when he was still a comedian :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on June 26, 2022, 09:16:38 AMOh, making fun of German is an old pasttime. Tim Allen even had a bit when he was still a comedian :D

QuoteIn early times some sufferer had to sit up with a toothache, and he put in the time inventing the German language.
- Mark Twain, Notebook #14, 11/1877 - 7/1878
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Played a bit of King of Dragon Pass, and the Toronto ball club haunted me with ghost legalese.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on June 26, 2022, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: HVC on June 26, 2022, 09:16:38 AMOh, making fun of German is an old pasttime. Tim Allen even had a bit when he was still a comedian :D

QuoteIn early times some sufferer had to sit up with a toothache, and he put in the time inventing the German language.
- Mark Twain, Notebook #14, 11/1877 - 7/1878

The Brain

It has always been the language of love.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

I really need to change energy company.
My old one was one of the many to go under and I was passed onto shell, who I have past horrific experience with.
Plus shell. Evil evil.
My costs are nearly 3x what they were before. And that's despite summer :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Ooof :(

Though I'm not sure switching helps much with costs at the minute.

My energy company went bust before the whole energy price thing. Transferred to Scottish Power who have basically been fine - but similar, my bills have more than doubled. But I'm on Direct Debit so I think it's calculated on what they expect me to consume over a year and then divided by twelve - so I think I normally build up credit over summer and then debit over the winter?
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Changing power company. Similar, yet so different.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

crazy canuck

Oof - Its easy to spot the boys who never really grew up.

The Larch

You can feel Scholz's discomfort from miles away.  :lol:

How come Boris always looks as if he just got out of a bender?

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on June 27, 2022, 12:43:34 PMHow come Boris always looks as if he just got out of a bender?

It's part of his "charm" that makes him so "popular" with the "voters." :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

For a second I thought Biden had a giant mallet.