The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Deeply sorry to hear that Raz.

Tamas

That sucks, Raz, I am sorry. :(

viper37

TIL, the Blu Jays foundation gave 120k$ to my home city for a new baseball field.
Damn, I'd never have thought about that.  Some creative people in my city :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

That's cool. Why does MLSE care about Baseball in eastern Quebec tho?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 29, 2022, 09:59:17 AMThat's cool. Why does MLSE care about Baseball in eastern Quebec tho?

Got a charity budget, money has to go somewhere.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2022, 09:55:49 AMTIL, the Blu Jays foundation gave 120k$ to my home city for a new baseball field.
So what do they actually use it for?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2022, 11:55:04 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2022, 09:55:49 AMTIL, the Blu Jays foundation gave 120k$ to my home city for a new baseball field.
So what do they actually use it for?
There are minor baseball leagues as well as amateur leagues and some ad-hoc softball gaming too (people gather at a predetermined time, teams are assembled on the spot).  It's also used by the schools.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on April 29, 2022, 12:25:36 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 29, 2022, 09:59:17 AMThat's cool. Why does MLSE care about Baseball in eastern Quebec tho?
What HVC said.
Les détails sont ici:
https://leplacoteux.com/la-pocatiere-les-blue-jays-financeront-le-nouveau-terrain-de-baseball/

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Must really suck to only have 1 field. Laval must have ~30 & the scheduling is insane.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Re. whether any generation of politicians have disgraced themselves in their post-politics careers as much as the Third Way leader, Bill Clinton and Tony Blair are being hosted by Anthony Scaramucci at the Crypto Bahamas Summit :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2022, 03:33:06 PMRe. whether any generation of politicians have disgraced themselves in their post-politics careers as much as the Third Way leader, Bill Clinton and Tony Blair are being hosted by Anthony Scaramucci at the Crypto Bahamas Summit :bleeding:

This is parody, right?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

If only:
QuoteAnthony Scaramucci
@Scaramucci
Truly an honor to introduce and welcome former President @BillClinton and former Prime Minister Tony Blair to @CryptoBahamas to cap off an incredible Day 3.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2022, 03:33:06 PMRe. whether any generation of politicians have disgraced themselves in their post-politics careers as much as the Third Way leader, Bill Clinton and Tony Blair are being hosted by Anthony Scaramucci at the Crypto Bahamas Summit :bleeding:

I figure most people here would agree that Schroeder has disgraced himself far more than those two, but you've asked the question in a way that those two are the only possible answer.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2022, 05:02:59 PMI figure most people here would agree that Schroeder has disgraced himself far more than those two, but you've asked the question in a way that those two are the only possible answer.
Schroeder's also a third way leader. He's the other big example of those leaders/generation and probably the worst.

Although the modern leader who's most obviously taken inspiration from them is Renzi who is spending his career after being PM giving speeches praising Saudi as the home of the "neo-renaissance" so, give it time :lol: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 29, 2022, 05:07:58 PMSchroeder's also a third way leader. He's the other big example of those leaders/generation and probably the worst.

Although the modern leader who's most obviously taken inspiration from them is Renzi who is spending his career after being PM giving speeches praising Saudi as the home of the "neo-renaissance" so, give it time :lol: :bleeding:

okey dokey