And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on May 06, 2022, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 06, 2022, 09:28:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 06, 2022, 09:25:44 AMOnce again, the Balkan internet are flaming each other :lol:

Croatia claiming Tesla would be quite good trolling as well.  :ph34r:

Oh, they do, and it's some quite fine trolling: he will be on the Croatian Euro coins once they join the Eurozone.  :lol:

Great, didn't expect anything less.  :lol:

They do have a bit of a point, though, as Tesla was born and raised in current Croatia, even if he came from an ethnically Serb family. He never actually set foot in Serbia in his lifetime.

Tamas

I don't think these Balkan things are done for the laughs to the degree you guys think.

celedhring

It's an improvement over the1990s, though.

Josquius

America does mother's day on the same day as Switzerland. Interesting.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

My assumption was it is the same day we do it in Canada

Zanza

Most of the world has mother's day today.

Syt

Yorkshire dialect, recorded 1952.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I've noticed in the past that Yorkshire accents from the time tended to sound a lot more northern than they do today.
Seeing it a bit here but also some outright Jamaican bits on other words :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Youtube really wants me to watch clips of "the Meg".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

How the YouTube algorithm locks you into rabbit holes really sucks. I keep getting shown videos about transit which... Can be interesting sometimes but damn. I'm so sick of hearing some guy talk about the wheels on the Las Vegas sky train.
YouTube needs a button to give your suggestions a shake.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

The previous best infrared telescope Spitzer versus the new James Webb Space Telescope.   :w00t:

Grey Fox

Wow, they really got an IR sensor at 7.7u in space.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.