And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

grumbler

Quote from: ulmont on April 12, 2022, 11:05:07 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 12, 2022, 09:26:28 AMLucky or not?

Skydiving is a terrible idea.

:yes:  Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?

I did it, but it was still a terrible idea.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on April 12, 2022, 11:34:08 AM
Quote from: ulmont on April 12, 2022, 11:05:07 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 12, 2022, 09:26:28 AMLucky or not?

Skydiving is a terrible idea.

:yes:  Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane?

I did it, but it was still a terrible idea.

Did it once. Was exhilerating. But yeah, bad idea, so left it at once.

merithyn

Quote from: celedhring on April 10, 2022, 02:00:37 PMOne things where I really notice I'm getting older is how much it takes me to recover from big, fat, booze-laced, family get-togethers. Today it was my brother's birthday and I've been lying in half-stupor for hours.

Yesterday, my daughter asked me how old we are when we stop getting shit-faced drunk and embarrassing ourselves. I said, "When you get tired of feeling sick as hell the next day, which gets worse as you get older." She said, "So, like, 30?"  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

Watching the champions league I see lots of ps5 billboards.
Why.
Even if I wanted one I couldn't buy one.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Police just arrested a guy who killed two random people two days apart in my neighborhood. I use that subway station all the time, but rarely use the back entrance.

I actually heard the gun shots but didn't think anything of it until I went out later and saw the cops blocking off the road and hearing the news.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/kartik-vasudev-suspect-arrest-toronto-1.6416963
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

The only person I know of who skydived was a co-worker at my first company.  The only reason I knew of him is because the company sent out an e-mail announcing his tragic death.

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on April 12, 2022, 02:02:54 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 10, 2022, 02:00:37 PMOne things where I really notice I'm getting older is how much it takes me to recover from big, fat, booze-laced, family get-togethers. Today it was my brother's birthday and I've been lying in half-stupor for hours.

Yesterday, my daughter asked me how old we are when we stop getting shit-faced drunk and embarrassing ourselves. I said, "When you get tired of feeling sick as hell the next day, which gets worse as you get older." She said, "So, like, 30?"  <_<

Last time, I got shit-faced drunk I was 23.  :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Obviously he makes a political point - as he should - but I basically love this response and typically blunt Aussie politics. Also sheer range of meaning you can pack into "mate" :lol:
https://twitter.com/simonbarnhill/status/1514090504392425477?s=21&t=sD7n8fauCHhCLPBNc2cIHw
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Took a few goes to make out he said Google it.

But agreed with him
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Yeah - I always think that when I see those "what's x stat" questions, or even the "what's the price of a loaf of bread" because they're clearly just meant to be traps and add nothing to politics. All they show is that politicians team have prepped them well - I don't think it necessarily they regularly do a big shop and are just like us or know all the details.

But I always quite like Aussie politics of the healthy lack of deference from the public, media and politicians to each other. It's up there with the man coming out of his house to tell the Prime Minister and press pack to get off his lawn because he's just re-seeded it :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thJRRcHGbQQ
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Re. unhinged British uses of "woke". T-Rex is woke now :lol:

Sad to discover triceratops is a Proud Boy :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Yeah, I think that's a divergence from the American usage  :lol:

FunkMonk

If not for Woke Tyrannosaurs on the far left the moderates would have stopped the far right crazy asteroid from destroying the planet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.