News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I guess it comes to German from Among Us.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I got it. I've seen similar questions before. However, I don't think it's very logical to assume other people have figured something out already.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

This seems surprisingly easy. I seem to recall versions of this that were harder to figure out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The Athletic regularly keeps offering me $1/month subscriptions. I have been subscribed this way for a year and a half now, and I just signed for 6 more months. It's always the same: I sign up for 6 months at discounted price, cancel when it is about to expire, and a few weeks later I'll get the same offer.

I guess they don't care about making money...

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on October 26, 2021, 02:30:29 AM
The Athletic regularly keeps offering me $1/month subscriptions. I have been subscribed this way for a year and a half now, and I just signed for 6 more months. It's always the same: I sign up for 6 months of discounted price, cancel when it is about to expire, and a few weeks later I'll get the same offer.

I guess they don't care about making money...

That's the Washington Post for me. $20 annual subscriptions FTW!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I guess it beats most people's zero subscription.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

And they don't even have to print an extra copy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Meanwhile in New Zealand....

BBC News - Christchurch: New Zealand city parts ways with its wizard
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58924306
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I wonder..

What are the years in Middle School in the USA?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2021, 06:13:34 PM
I wonder..

What are the years in Middle School in the USA?

Most commonly ages 11-14 (US grades 6-8) although there's some variation at the margins.

Grey Fox

Interesting, so entire schools for 3 years. 🤔
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 26, 2021, 07:00:42 PM
Interesting, so entire schools for 3 years. 🤔

I mean, the kids are in school for 12 years and you have to put them somewhere each year, so how you divide them is at least partially arbitrary?

The high school I went to only had grades 10-12 (16-18ish), so there's another entire school for 3 years, but it was full the whole time so it's not like it was a smaller school than you would have had for grades 9-12...

Admiral Yi

Back in my day 7th and 8th grades seemed standard.

I think the theory is to segregate the kids going through puberty.  :P