Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Admiral Yi

The person telling the joke is calling himself a moron.  :mellow:

HVC

I guess Dguller is an honest poker player too.

:P sorry it was just too easy
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Nah, I think he means everyone cheats, whether moron or not. He is Russian, you know.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 27, 2021, 08:14:56 PM
The person telling the joke is calling himself a moron.  :mellow:

Dat's da joke.  DG is indicating that he isn't a cheater.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

Reading a story about Facebook and online ads. It said about how all of us have had the weird or embarrassing algorithm stories - but then had the story of Melissa Edwards, 38, from London who lost her twins for months into her pregnancy. She continued to receive maternity-related ads for months and said she basically ended up repeatedly googling "miscarriage" in the hope that it would sort of shift the algorithm away from constantly showing her baby ads.

Which is just incredibly sad - an accidental cruelty built into someone's life every day :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

So this seems like a fun film project. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Celtic_Films

https://www.celtic-films.com/

From their Twitter feed:

I'm not sure, but they seem to have an agenda, maybe? :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

:lol: It's unhinged - but it's been a delight today watching basically all of Scottish and Irish Twitter get blocked by this project. Unclear if Welsh Twitter's aware what's happening. They are receiving a lot of pushback from actual Celts.

Also on the clips doing the rounds the "acting" and accents are remarkable.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

I am having a hell of a time browsing through their site and seeing all the fucked-up language.  :lol:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

I cannot recommend enough the ACTORS YouTube on that site :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

That's the kind of rabbit hole I needed after an "eh" day at work. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Well, people thought 19th century Zionists crazy too.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

His stuff about the climactic reasons for different Slavic/Cyrillic and Gaelic alphabets is quite the rabbit hole :huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Yes, the Greeks have famously left no works of speech, or at least none of significance compared to their sculptures and paintings.  :wacko:
—Stephen Jay Gould