News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

It didn't grow quickly then. I'm 249, 20 new members a month or so.

The Brain

Still a better growth story than Languish.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Whatever happened to Slargos btw? IIRC he was the first non-Paradox member.

celedhring

The Taxi War in Spain rages on. After Barcelona capitulated last week, the front has now moved to Madrid. The taxis blocked the largest street in the city, but they have been forced to retreat by a massed combined arms force of riot police and towing vehicles. The main taxi force has regrouped in the outskirts and are heading towards the airport, although they have detached a brigade that's attempting to put siege to the HQ of the conservative party (they control the regional government).

garbon

Quote from: dps on January 27, 2019, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2019, 11:52:53 PM
Mar 30 2001 here.

Which makes sense. I had the board game and followed the creation of the first game pretty closely and that is only about one month after it was released in the US. I don't think I actually created an account and start posting until after I had played the game a bit.

IIRC, back in the day you could log in as a guest and read the forums without actually creating an account.  I think I had been reading the forums that way for a few months before I actually registered, but my memory may be faulty on that point.

You can still read without logging in. You just lost access to some of the subfora for each game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on January 28, 2019, 07:02:35 AM
It didn't grow quickly then. I'm 249, 20 new members a month or so.

Can't find my number, only my number of posts, so I can't comment. ;)

celedhring

Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2019, 06:34:22 AM
May 1 2000. Member 162. Just checked my ICQ number is still on my profile  :lol:

I am little more than a year from having lived more with a Paradox forum account than without. Shit.

My ICQ number is still on my profile too, also yahoo messenger  :lol:

How does one check member #? I registered when EU2 was announced, which I presume saw a large increase of forum users.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on January 28, 2019, 08:22:40 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 28, 2019, 06:34:22 AM
May 1 2000. Member 162. Just checked my ICQ number is still on my profile  :lol:

I am little more than a year from having lived more with a Paradox forum account than without. Shit.

My ICQ number is still on my profile too, also yahoo messenger  :lol:

How does one check member #? I registered when EU2 was announced, which I presume saw a large increase of forum users.

It's the number in your profile page URL.

celedhring

4373 then. That's for June 2001.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Duque de Bragança

I guess I registered late, after some long lurking.

derspiess

Apparently my access lapsed in 2016.  I'm sure I joined sometime in 2001 because I vividly remember discussing 9/11 on EUOT as it happened.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Heh, I had forgotten that I had written an EU2 review for HOTU back in the day:

http://www.homeoftheunderdogs.net/game.php?id=3179

:D :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

HOTU is how I discovered EU1.