News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

March 18, 2001.  I never posted much outside of EUOT, but then again I never got banned there either.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Zoupa

November 2001. Got banned so I had to do a bit of digging.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

10th of March 2001..........member #1702 .

Threviel

Wait a minute, that makes me the oldest one yet.

Syt

QuoteQuite Interesting
@qikipedia

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation deemed an episode of Peppa Pig unsuitable for broadcast, because its theme was that "spiders are very small and they can't hurt you".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

June 21st 2001 over here. The EU1 generation. :cheers:

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2019, 07:14:29 AM
QuoteQuite Interesting
@qikipedia

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation deemed an episode of Peppa Pig unsuitable for broadcast, because its theme was that "spiders are very small and they can't hurt you".

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Threviel on January 27, 2019, 05:26:36 AM

The game came out in Sweden a year before the English speaking world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2019, 11:52:53 PM
Mar 30 2001 here.

Which makes sense. I had the board game and followed the creation of the first game pretty closely and that is only about one month after it was released in the US. I don't think I actually created an account and start posting until after I had played the game a bit.

IIRC, back in the day you could log in as a guest and read the forums without actually creating an account.  I think I had been reading the forums that way for a few months before I actually registered, but my memory may be faulty on that point.

Syt

I actually registered, because I needed tech help. A patch broke the game for me, and they sent me new .exe files to test if that would fix the issue. Turned out the patch, plus copy protection, plus my CD-ROM drive, caused the issue in combination.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Threviel

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2019, 06:08:15 PM
Quote from: Threviel on January 27, 2019, 05:26:36 AM

The game came out in Sweden a year before the English speaking world.

It was released in Sweden December 15th and in NA February 15th, so yeah, in Sweden it was released in 2000 and in NA in 2001.

I registered to post a review from gamesdomain.com, my then favourite games site, now long dead. I had read the forums for about a year by then, the game and the forum totally blew my mind. And then OT came, and then HOI and everything went to shit with retard kids ruining it, although the games got better.

Threviel

Come to think of it, I was 18-19 by then, so right about now I have read the forums for half my life.

Tamas

May 1 2000. Member 162. Just checked my ICQ number is still on my profile  :lol:

I am little more than a year from having lived more with a Paradox forum account than without. Shit.