News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Touring Europe is a great advertisement for both Japan and the South.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Liep

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 25, 2015, 11:10:16 AM

What is not to your liking?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Lettow77

Disorder and filth is disagreeable; tardiness and disrepair are more forgivable but also present. The women's attire and bearing is most uncouth, as is a hairstyle that enjoys bewildering popularity with the men of several countries that resembles nothing so much as a rooster's comb.

Non-European elements are in great evidence as mendicants, confidence men, pickpockets, peddlers of dubious wares in public thoroughfares, and general burdens upon the population.

In Tennessee there are no crowds to speak of; in Japan they exist in clean, unimpeachable orderly fashion. In Europe the press of humanity assails you with malodorous tumult that serves to mask hands that furtively reach out to claim at the belongings of their betters.

Great wonders bedeck Europe, but it seems as though nothing heartening has reached this continent in some hundred years.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Liep

Yes, that haircut is terrible. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Yep. It was quite a shock to me to see it suddenly in fashion.

Where in Europe do you speak of? France?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Bruce Jenner is going to be a chick.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

The Larch

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2015, 07:24:37 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 23, 2015, 06:42:38 PM
Women from the Balkans are unbeliveably hottttttt
I don't have much experience with the Balkans overall, but this is definitely true of Romanians.

You might not be so much into them, if there's a department where they lack a certain umph is at the chest. Body wise they're more of the leggy svelte kind of girl.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2015, 02:09:02 AM
So, all these pages discussing the hotness of the Slavic race, and not a single pic to illustrate the issue? I'm disappointed.

You have personal experience to draw from. :contract:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 25, 2015, 11:16:20 AM
Disorder and filth is disagreeable; tardiness and disrepair are more forgivable but also present. The women's attire and bearing is most uncouth, as is a hairstyle that enjoys bewildering popularity with the men of several countries that resembles nothing so much as a rooster's comb.

Non-European elements are in great evidence as mendicants, confidence men, pickpockets, peddlers of dubious wares in public thoroughfares, and general burdens upon the population.

In Tennessee there are no crowds to speak of; in Japan they exist in clean, unimpeachable orderly fashion. In Europe the press of humanity assails you with malodorous tumult that serves to mask hands that furtively reach out to claim at the belongings of their betters.

Great wonders bedeck Europe, but it seems as though nothing heartening has reached this continent in some hundred years.

You should read Mark Twin's experience there.  :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocents_Abroad
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Coming back to Stockholm from Japan is just nasty. It's painfully obvious that you've landed in a third world shithole. Disrepair, filth, graffiti, beggars everywhere... Japan's is a superior civilization.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

I have learned that the area just inside your door is considered public space in Japan. So the mailman or whoever can just come in. As long as he doesn't enter the rest of the house it's cool.

Between that and the taking your shoes off thing, I think I'd end up killing someone if I lived there.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on April 26, 2015, 04:15:19 AM

Coming back to Stockholm from Japan is just nasty. It's painfully obvious that you've landed in a third world shithole. Disrepair, filth, graffiti, beggars everywhere... Japan's is a superior civilization.

:console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

QuoteComing back to Stockholm from Japan is just nasty. It's painfully obvious that you've landed in a third world shithole. Disrepair, filth, graffiti, beggars everywhere... Japan's is a superior civilization.
Yep.
That's one of the big things that are hard to deal with in Switzerland. Graffiti is absolutely everywhere. And lots of beggars.
Though one doesn't see anywhere near so many abandoned and dilapidated buildings here as you do in Japan. Paradoxically despite the graffiti everything seems in much better repair.

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 26, 2015, 04:22:02 AM
I have learned that the area just inside your door is considered public space in Japan. So the mailman or whoever can just come in. As long as he doesn't enter the rest of the house it's cool.
Yeah. Its alright for people with houses, they usually have a separate little entry room. But when you have a one room apartment...just have to be sure to lock your door.
Between that and the taking your shoes off thing, I think I'd end up killing someone if I lived there.  :P
You don't do that over there?
The Japanese are a bit too religious about it but its pretty normal in most places I've lived.
██████
██████
██████