News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
Christ, Josq, I hope you fall into a river of chocolate.

Sadly, I think you have to tip on the $22.  The delivery fee does not customarily go to the driver.  It's fucking bullshit and if I worked for any pizza place that instituted one, I would quit on the spot.  It's essentially extra gross for the house, taken directly out of your pocket.

It depends on whose vehicle and whose gas is used in the delivery.

Ed Anger

Give extra if the delivery driver is a chick and has nice hooters.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I generally tip guys extra and chicks less to balance out Monkeybutt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 06:44:54 PM
I generally tip guys extra and chicks less to balance out Monkeybutt.

Monster.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I'm not an agent of the matriarchy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on December 10, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
quickly.

Just ordered a pizza. Came to $16.
but there's a delivery charge of      $3.50
And a tax of $2.50

Bringint total to $22.

Should I tip on that $22.
On the $19.50 (pizza + delivery)
Or just on the $16.

Depends who gets that $3.50.

Without knowing my inclination would be to tip on $16 + $2.50. 

No need to tip on the delivery charge.  Your tip is the fucking delivery charge.

If it turns out the driver gets the $3.50, I'd drop the tip to more buffet proportions.  Maybe 2 bucks.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on December 10, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
Christ, Josq, I hope you fall into a river of chocolate.

Sadly, I think you have to tip on the $22.  The delivery fee does not customarily go to the driver.  It's fucking bullshit and if I worked for any pizza place that instituted one, I would quit on the spot.  It's essentially extra gross for the house, taken directly out of your pocket.

It depends on whose vehicle and whose gas is used in the delivery.

I know my old Papa John's definitely said on their website (maybe it's all Papa John'ses?  I haven't eaten a PJ pizza in like three years) that the delivery fee didn't go to the driver.

I started getting carry-out.

This might be worse for the driver than just tipping him less. -_-
Kinemalogue

Capetan Mihali

My understanding is the vast majority of delivery fees do not go to the driver in any amount, it's just an extra fee on the order.  Which is to say, I think Ide's analysis is basically correct.

In Josq's shoes, I'd tip $5.00.  Pay with two twenties (or a twenty and a ten, if you have one), then hand back a fiver out of the change.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josephus

I Paid $26.

That's 12 per cent on the total charge.

Or 17 per cent on the cost of the pizza.

I think that's fine.

And by the way Josq. ain't having any of my pizza  :P

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on December 10, 2014, 05:09:30 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 10, 2014, 04:10:03 PM
Julian Assange spearheads funding drive for life-size statue of himself:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/julian-assange-spearheads-funding-drive-for-lifesize-statue-of-himself-9916496.html

I dislike Assange as much as anyone else here, but he didn't "spearhead" anything.

An italian artist started this drive for some ill-begotten "monument to courage" by having statues of Assange, Snowden and Manning".  Assange's involvement is to use the Wikileaks twitter account to retweet a link to the artists kickstarter fund.
Well. As I said to Tamas I mainly/solely focus on the headline  :sleep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2014, 06:43:28 PM
Give extra if the delivery driver is a chick and has nice hooters.
Never seen such a thing, ever.

I do use the Ed rule of tipping at restaurants however. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

In  a restaurant the amount of tip is proportional to the amount of cleavage on display as plates were put down and picked back up
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Screw this left-side driving nonesense. Almost had a poor guy run me over because I forgot during jaywalking that when I am in the second lane, I am not safe from guys getting green for a right-turn, QUITE THE OPPOSITE.
He was taking the turn like there was no tomorrow and managed to make a screetching halt 20cm from my leg.

Ideologue

See? Immigrants do flout the law, and want nothing more than to change Britain's culture. :o
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Red Beet Man:  The Tamasing of England