News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

They've probably been spying on us for a lot longer than that.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on June 07, 2013, 05:11:55 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2013, 08:55:56 PM
I had the impression I was eating like two or three chicken breasts somehow glued together and then breaded and deep-fried.  It kind of creeped me out.  I like chicken on the bone so I have no idea why I even bothered trying it. :hmm:

Just how big a portion that was? God damn Americans

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,4363.msg219326.html#msg219326
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2013, 07:46:39 AM
They've probably been spying on us for a lot longer than that.

You maybe! But Foreigners!

Yeah, ok, 1947.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 07, 2013, 12:40:40 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 07, 2013, 12:10:16 AM
Sure.  I'd rather be at my house getting waited on by my slaves than doing my job, too.

I imagine the point of quoting that bit is to suggest Washington didn't care too much for power or politics.

I'd say that it's more indicative that he was an introvert than anything else.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on June 07, 2013, 10:59:32 AM

I'd say that it's more indicative that he was an introvert than anything else.

Guys like that can't get elected anymore. Or more importantly would never run.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Manu Ginobili with a really cool pass that went nearly unnoticed live:

:lol:  There's no way he did that on purpose, but still.

Here's what it looked like live (and in slomo again): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoPkUAGYiQ

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Bah.  He got bailed out on a bad pass.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2013, 03:35:52 PM
Bah.  He got bailed out on a bad pass.

Well sure, he does that kind of shit a lot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The whole thing would have been even more awesome if Parker hadn't bricked it.  Parker made up for it at the end though with the ridiculous sequence/shot that put the game away.

E:  Parker's....er....whatever this was in slo-mo from a better angle than live (plus music!):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFUh4toTS5k

Ed Anger

Richard Ramirez dropped dead. No RIP for that motherfucker.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

Now that fucker was simply a bad, bad man.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 07, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

Now that fucker was simply a bad, bad man.

+1
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

I just read that dudes wikipedia page.  They should have let the crowd tear him apart.

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2013, 08:06:45 PM
I just read that dudes wikipedia page.  They should have let the crowd tear him apart.

Sick bitch
QuoteBy the time of the trial, Ramirez had fans who were writing him letters and paying him visits.[26] Beginning in 1985, freelance magazine editor Doreen Lioy[27] wrote him nearly 75 letters during his incarceration.[28] In 1988 he proposed to her, and on October 3, 1996, they were married in California's San Quentin State Prison.[29] Before Ramirez's death, Lioy stated that she would commit suicide when Ramirez was executed.[30] By some estimates, he would have been in his early seventies before his execution was carried out, due to the lengthy California appeals process.[31
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 07, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

Yeah man...I'm sure the rest of the Languishites growing up in the '80s and older remember that motherfucker. That was one hell of a serial killer media storm.