News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The KFC Double Down

Today, I have ate a KFC double down sandwich. A sandwich literally thrown across the living room at me, because I wouldn't get up to get it.

Except mine was lukewarm, with barely melted cheese. KFC's continuing standards of mediocrity have been met by this barely edible cheesey wad of greasy garbage. The chain has gone to hell in the last 15 years.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing it again soon. I don't feel well.

I may have to beat my wife for even buying this for me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Is that picture supposed to look tasty?  :unsure:

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on April 18, 2010, 11:05:59 AM
Is that picture supposed to look tasty?  :unsure:

To some, I suppose. I'd like to view it as a warning to the world. America is fucked in the head, and our nuttiness is backed by nuclear weapons.

Ed Anger

Harland Sanders is spinning in his grave.

Josquius

That just looks horrific.

I've never had a KFC sandwich. Always seems a waste to me to go there and not get some of the good unique chickeny stuff.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

In spite of this thread, I'm going to have to try one of those sometime soon.

p.s. love the title. Make sure to bump sometime when Siege is around.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Ed, do you review none-food products too? 'Cause, I have a Request.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

All the talk got me to give it a try. I just ordered a grilled chicken double down but they gave me the fried one. It might be better grilled, but fried, it's awful.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

I threw up around 1 pm.

Final verdict:

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM
Except mine was lukewarm, with barely melted cheese. KFC's continuing standards of mediocrity have been met by this barely edible cheesey wad of greasy garbage. The chain has gone to hell in the last 15 years.
About 15 years ago is when Pepsi spun out Tricon (now called Yum!).  Could be a coincidence, I dunno.  IMO KFC was at its best in the 80s and has gone downhill steadily since.  Yum! has ruined every brand it acquired aside from Pizza Hut.  Taco Bell was far better (and cheaper!) before Pepsi got its grubby little hands on it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 18, 2010, 11:43:34 AM
Ed, do you review none-food products too? 'Cause, I have a Request.

Yes, I can see great promise in a general "Ed Reviews..." thread...food, cars, consumer electronics, hookers, you name it.

Ed Anger

This is sort of a revival of my "Cavalcade of Crap" thread from the old forum.

I figured since Tim has turned this place into a shitty newspaper, I'll be a food critic.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on April 18, 2010, 04:06:52 PM
About 15 years ago is when Pepsi spun out Tricon (now called Yum!).  Could be a coincidence, I dunno.  IMO KFC was at its best in the 80s and has gone downhill steadily since.  Yum! has ruined every brand it acquired aside from Pizza Hut.  Taco Bell was far better (and cheaper!) before Pepsi got its grubby little hands on it.
Pepsi sold off KFC and Pizza Hut?

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!