News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2016, 09:05:57 PM
Okay, so what is so terrifying about the AfD, other than them not liking Merkel's immigration policy?
Their official program is reactionary (maybe CDU around 1970), but it's the tone that makes the music. Some of their top members are just nasty.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: Zanza on March 14, 2016, 04:24:08 AM
Their official program is reactionary (maybe CDU around 1970), but it's the tone that makes the music. Some of their top members are just nasty.

I've seen pictures and some of them do look nasty :P  but I guess the nasty tone doesn't resonate out this far or is lost in translation.  If it were the NDP surging I'd totally get it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malicious Intent

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2016, 08:39:56 AM
I've seen pictures and some of them do look nasty :P  but I guess the nasty tone doesn't resonate out this far or is lost in translation.  If it were the NDP surging I'd totally get it.

The AFD has become very attractive to parts of the NPDs clientele. Several NPD members have even accused the AFD of being a plot by the "system" to draw away their voters.  :D

Malicious Intent

But what's worrying about the AFD is the fact, that violent radicals feel encouraged and vindicated by the party's growing support, which leads to more threats and attacks against foreigners, politicians and journalists.

And of course, as Zanza has stated, they have some real hatemongers at the top, like von Storch, who wants borderguards to shoot women and children, should they try to cross the border.

Valmy

Quote from: Malicious Intent on March 14, 2016, 12:06:29 PM
And of course, as Zanza has stated, they have some real hatemongers at the top, like von Storch, who wants borderguards to shoot women and children, should they try to cross the border.

Maybe some of those old East German border guards are around to help install this new system.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2016, 12:12:06 PM
Quote from: Malicious Intent on March 14, 2016, 12:06:29 PM

Maybe some of those old East German border guards are around to help install this new system.

Just need to turn everything around facing the other way. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zanza

derspiess

garbon

What's the point of showing the countries in the insert if using a completely different population comparison? Are they saying those ratios make it in line with what they are showing for Europe? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Damn Italy. How did you even...?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

I guess it means that 3.2% of all Syrian refugees in Western countries are in Canada and that means there are 47-102 refugees/100.000 Canadians.
Why would it be a different population comparison than in Europe?

The percentage figure shows the total distribution among all countries and the density figure shows how that relates to the population in the country.

Valmy

It is kind of amazing that we are trusting the Serbians to watch over Muslims.

Iormlund

I don't think 'trusting' is the right word.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on March 15, 2016, 03:20:38 PM
I don't think 'trusting' is the right word.

'Forcing'?

Either way...