News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU Immigration Crisis Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 15, 2015, 11:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2016, 10:43:15 PM
The numbers are just getting higher and higher, for both those who manage to arrise and those who don't make it.

If they don't arise today, there's always tomorrow. :yawn:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

The AfD, the party that has benefitted massively from the refugee crisis in Germany and has been mentioned in this thread a lot, has given itself its first ever official program. I read some articles about the AfD program (but not the program itself) and here are some points that are in the program according to Zeit, Süddeutsche, FAZ and Spiegel:

- Leave the European Union and reestablish some kind of EEC (the predecessor of the EU until 1992)
- Leave the Euro
- Block Turkey from ever becoming a member
- No CETA or TTIP

- Tell other countries to withdraw all foreign troops especially nuclear weapons from German territory
- Make NATO more defensive, less interventionist
- Conscription for males should be reintroduced

- Islam has no place in Germany and that includes minarets and veils in public
- Islamic organisations should not be able to get the same public law status (unlike Christian and Jewish religious organisations)
- Jewish and Muslim traditional slaughter of animals should be prohibited

- Asylum claims should be handled in the "regions of origin" of refugees (i.e. in camps in North Africa or the Middle East)
- Deportations should be easier
- Qualified foreigners with high willingness to integrate are still welcome (e.g. East Asian Christians), the Canadian model is cited as example
- EU foreigners from poor countries are not welcome as they "only want to benefit from our social system"
- Germany should build fences and border posts along its borders
- Conscripts should be used to guard borders

- A special law against assault against police officers should be created
- More police, harsher punishment, lower age limits for criminal prosecution (12 instead of 14 years old)

- Term limits for members of parliaments (4 terms) unless they are directly elected in their constiuency by first-past-the-post
- Federal president should be elected by the people
- Referenda similar to Switzerland should be introduced on the federal level
- Smaller parliament, less party financing through federal budget

- More children instead of immigration
- Traditional family of father, mother and children is favored and families with many children shall get special state support
- Against equality policies and women's quotas

- Public broadcasting system should be abolished

- German banks' shared liability shall be limited to national banks (I think this is against a European Union banking union)

- Pro nuclear energy and fracking
- Denies climate change and is against subsidies for renewables
- Taxes shall be reformed, families should pay less. No more estate tax
- State spending shall be limited constitutionally to protect the citizens from the state

Martinus

What are the chief EU countries where "poor immigrants" come to Germany from?

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2016, 03:13:12 PM
Yours
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2016, 03:17:19 PM
Yours

I don't think so. Most Poles would rather die than move to Germany. That's why Polish immigrants chose Britain, or Ireland instead.

The Brain

Germany still has estate tax? Kind of sounds like deadism.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2016, 03:19:50 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2016, 03:17:19 PM
Yours

I don't think so. Most Poles would rather die than move to Germany. That's why Polish immigrants chose Britain, or Ireland instead.

I checked the numbers last weekend. Something like 2 million poles in Germany (vs 646000 in the uk).  Germany is their most popular foreign country go work in. Which makes sense really.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on May 01, 2016, 03:42:13 PM
I checked the numbers last weekend. Something like 2 million poles in Germany (vs 646000 in the uk).  Germany is their most popular foreign country go work in. Which makes sense really.

Sure, but everyone else would rather die. :D

Valmy

How are they going to make more German children? :hmm:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

In the eyes of the AfD probably all of them except perhaps Austria. It's not really about poor and rich but about foreign and German.

Malicious Intent

Saw a statistic in my local newspaper a few days ago, but sadly I no longer have it at hand to give the exact numbers.
According to it, Poles are by far the most numerous EU foreigners in Germany who receive social benefits, followed by Italians, Romanians and Bulgarians.
Sadly Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians also featured prominently in several recent cases of organised criminal abuse of the social system.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Zanza on May 01, 2016, 03:57:24 PM
In the eyes of the AfD probably all of them except perhaps Austria. It's not really about poor and rich but about foreign and German.

I think the AfD may have painted themselves into a corner. The list you gave will put off many fundamentally moderate people who nevertheless have valid criticisms of the current government.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on May 01, 2016, 02:54:03 PM

- Islam has no place in Germany and that includes minarets and veils in public

What kind of veils are we talking about? Full-face veils à la burqa or niqab? That's what I read first when I saw mention of this program.
Just as I thought, nothing extreme in this case, already in place in some countries, including muslims ones. Not to mention security concerns in times of islamist terrorism.

https://www.alternativefuer.de/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/03/Leitantrag-Grundsatzprogramm-AfD.pdf

QuoteDie   AfD   fordert   ein   allgemeines   Verbot   der   Vollverschleierung   durch   Burka   und   Niqab   in   der   
2 Öffentlichkeit   und   im   öffentlichen   Dienst.

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 02, 2016, 02:25:19 AM
Quote from: Zanza on May 01, 2016, 03:57:24 PM

I think the AfD may have painted themselves into a corner. The list you gave will put off many fundamentally moderate people who nevertheless have valid criticisms of the current government.

I would be curious to hear their stance on the remilitarisation of the Rhineland. :P

Martinus

But seriously, their list is a bit of a mixed bag:

Leave the European Union and reestablish some kind of EEC (the predecessor of the EU until 1992) - silly but unclear what that means exactly
- Leave the Euro - probably would help Eurozone, especially the South
- Block Turkey from ever becoming a member - agreed
- No CETA or TTIP - mostly agreed

- Tell other countries to withdraw all foreign troops especially nuclear weapons from German territory - silly but good for Poland - we want German NATO bases to relocate here
- Make NATO more defensive, less interventionist - probably good
- Conscription for males should be reintroduced - there are pros and cons

- Islam has no place in Germany and that includes minarets and veils in public - depende what exactly it means
- Islamic organisations should not be able to get the same public law status (unlike Christian and Jewish religious organisations) - again depends what it means
- Jewish and Muslim traditional slaughter of animals should be prohibited - agreed

- Asylum claims should be handled in the "regions of origin" of refugees (i.e. in camps in North Africa or the Middle East) - broadly agreed
- Deportations should be easier - broadly agreed
- Qualified foreigners with high willingness to integrate are still welcome (e.g. East Asian Christians), the Canadian model is cited as example - fine
- EU foreigners from poor countries are not welcome as they "only want to benefit from our social system" - depends what it means
- Germany should build fences and border posts along its borders - depends if we keep Schengen or not
- Conscripts should be used to guard borders - ok

- A special law against assault against police officers should be created - most countries have those so why not
- More police, harsher punishment, lower age limits for criminal prosecution (12 instead of 14 years old) - dont know enough about how lenient the law is now to comment

- Term limits for members of parliaments (4 terms) unless they are directly elected in their constiuency by first-past-the-post - there are pros and cons
- Federal president should be elected by the people - good idea
- Referenda similar to Switzerland should be introduced on the federal level - not a big fan of direct democracy in general but nothing inherently fascist about it
- Smaller parliament, less party financing through federal budget - probably ok

- More children instead of immigration - aha :unsure:
- Traditional family of father, mother and children is favored and families with many children shall get special state support - probably a good overall idea, depends on what it means in practice
- Against equality policies and women's quotas - gender quotas are silly, the rest depends on context

- Public broadcasting system should be abolished - need to know more to understand the context

- German banks' shared liability shall be limited to national banks (I think this is against a European Union banking union) - define "German bank"

- Pro nuclear energy and fracking - good
- Denies climate change and is against subsidies for renewables - not good
- Taxes shall be reformed, families should pay less. No more estate tax - silly about estate tax
- State spending shall be limited constitutionally to protect the citizens from the state - depends on the context