And we're back!

Main Menu

White woman pretends to be black for prestige

Started by merithyn, June 12, 2015, 08:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2015, 03:56:14 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2015, 01:44:43 PM

One, I'm sure it's not an honest question. Two, one is a sexual identity, which is intimate and determines at a fundamental level how one relates to one's own sexuality (not to mention how others do), while the other is almost exclusively about community identity and social fellowship.

One's about fucking, the other's about hanging out and civic activities.

I think it's about a little more then fucking.  Both issues are centered around an assumed identity.  An identity that in contradicted by physical characteristics. You brought up fucking, so I'll use the same thought experiment I used on Marty. You are are approached by two people, both are naked.  One is a woman and is a man.  The man claims that his physical gender is male but he identifies as female.  Which one are you more likely to find attractive?  Which one will get your dick hard?  If they both offered to have sex with you, which one you choose?

No one likes a lazy t-girl.

Anyway, the answer is I use both in baroque sexual games, ala the happy ending version of No Exit.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

It's a goofy thought experiment. First, trans folk don't just say "Hi, I'm a girl/boy" now. Generally speaking a great, great deal of effort is put into taking on the physical markers of their inwardly-felt gender identity. Partly because people generally like to be and feel sexually attractive, partly to reflect their own sense of gender identity (these two things are theoretically separate, altho I'd guess for a lot of people they're tantamount to the same thing.)

Further, "respecting your identity" and "I'd fuck you" are not entirely coextensive thoughts. Whether I'd fuck a given transwoman is a determination I'd make based on a number of factors, largely revolving around how well she passed and how attractive she was in doing so. Whether I'd refer to her as "she" and treat her female identitification with respect is not a determination I would need to make at all, as it would be my default approach, based on my "don't be a dipshit to people for no reason" philosophy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

I stand in solidarity with transblack Rachel Dolezal.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on June 12, 2015, 05:47:31 PM
It's a goofy thought experiment. First, trans folk don't just say "Hi, I'm a girl/boy" now. Generally speaking a great, great deal of effort is put into taking on the physical markers of their inwardly-felt gender identity. Partly because people generally like to be and feel sexually attractive, partly to reflect their own sense of gender identity (these two things are theoretically separate, altho I'd guess for a lot of people they're tantamount to the same thing.)

Further, "respecting your identity" and "I'd fuck you" are not entirely coextensive thoughts. Whether I'd fuck a given transwoman is a determination I'd make based on a number of factors, largely revolving around how well she passed and how attractive she was in doing so. Whether I'd refer to her as "she" and treat her female identitification with respect is not a determination I would need to make at all, as it would be my default approach, based on my "don't be a dipshit to people for no reason" philosophy.

I have no idea how much work all trans put into their new identity.  You were the one who said this was about fucking.  If you were to actually agree that she was a woman, she wouldn't need to "pass".  You are engaging in double think here.  You can tell yourself that this man is actually a woman, but your dick is saying "nope, that's a dude.  I ain't getting up for that".  Now you can lie to yourself in the interest of progressive thought or respect of her choices but deep down you know she's the not the same as woman.  She's a Transwoman.  And deep down you know they aren't the same thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2015, 09:22:18 PM

I have no idea how much work all trans put into their new identity.  You were the one who said this was about fucking.  If you were to actually agree that she was a woman, she wouldn't need to "pass".  You are engaging in double think here.  You can tell yourself that this man is actually a woman, but your dick is saying "nope, that's a dude.  I ain't getting up for that".  Now you can lie to yourself in the interest of progressive thought or respect of her choices but deep down you know she's the not the same as woman.  She's a Transwoman.  And deep down you know they aren't the same thing.

There are plenty of "cisgendered" women I have zero interest in sleeping with.

I don't really want to get into my own thoughts on transgenderism, but your thought experiment I'm afraid isn't very helpful.  Men and women don't actually want to have sex with any and all persons of the opposite sex who might wander by.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Perhaps Raz is saying he finds sleeping with a black girl as distasteful as sleeping with a dude.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2015, 09:36:44 PM

I don't really want to get into my own thoughts on transgenderism, but your thought experiment I'm afraid isn't very helpful.  Men and women don't actually want to have sex with any and all persons of the opposite sex who might wander by.

And how many men do you have an interest in sleeping with?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 13, 2015, 12:09:26 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 12, 2015, 09:36:44 PM

And how many men do you have an interest in sleeping with?

I think it is about time you get fixated on some other sort of thing. You just look worse and worse as you continue this crusade against the transgendered.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Richard Hakluyt

Lot of cis-racial comments in this thread.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on June 13, 2015, 03:38:31 AM
I think it is about time you get fixated on some other sort of thing. You just look worse and worse as you continue this crusade against the transgendered.

I know. It is bordering on obsession for him.