FIFA officials arrested in Switzerland on corruption charges

Started by Barrister, May 27, 2015, 10:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 27, 2015, 12:58:29 PM
How is jurisdiction decided anyway?  Is your jurisdiction basically what you claim it is while still getting other countries to honor in your extradition requests?

The Wolfman mentioned things like owning property in the US, having a bank account.

Also, the issue blew up because the IRS found the evidences through Chuck Blazer's tax returns. It went through US bank accounts and apparently at least part of the bribing decissions were taken in US soil (CONCACAF's HQ is in Miami).

The Larch

Apparently Swiss authorities have forbidden FIFA's Swiss employees (including Blatter) from leaving the country until further notice.  :ph34r:

Monoriu

A bunch of thieves.  It is about time to make the organisation more accountable. 

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 02:13:46 PM
The Templars are no more!

Does this mean Obama and the Pope will be dead within a year and the US will be hit with a hundred years of war and plague? Might want to sell your stocks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 02:40:16 PM
So how are these clowns chosen?

I'm assuming it requires some sort of accreditation.  You know, from a college.  For clowns.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 02:40:16 PM
So how are these clowns chosen?
The bozos in national federations pick a lesser clown to represent them. These lesser clowns then assemble on a continent scale and pick which of the lesser clowns should become one of the clown-gnomes of Zurich...

By the way, this is the James Bond villainesque boardroom of FIFA ... it's just too fitting.

dps

So, I guess this means that the US will never qualify for the World Cup again.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on May 27, 2015, 03:45:55 PM
The bozos in national federations pick a lesser clown to represent them.

Who picks the bozos?  Who is the unmoved mover?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 03:52:45 PM

It's pretty complicated; mainly clubs, footballers, referees, etc... elect their representatives to the national FA; and those elect the president. In the case of Spain, our current president is an expert puppet master that's been able to swindle his way to 7 consecutive terms. Ultimately, a Football Association has access to shedloads of money, and you only need to distribute it astutely to get yourself enough votes.

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 27, 2015, 03:52:45 PM

There is typically a few more levels of kooks, crackpots, morons and goofs until you reach the grassroots level of football where normal amateurs play their game.