So what do you do when trigger happy cops chase you around?

Started by Razgovory, May 23, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

So will there be a broad-based reform around the country kicked off? I mean, if I'm a police chief in this environment I'd be a bit anxious to make some changes.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY to learn on CNN that the victims drove away from a traffic stop and led the cops on a 22 mile high speed pursuit *before* they were shot at. :huh:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2015, 05:54:15 PM
I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY to learn on CNN that the victims drove away from a traffic stop and led the cops on a 22 mile high speed pursuit *before* they were shot at. :huh:

Yes and the PD response was a completely normal and proportionate response to a someone evading a traffic stop.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2015, 07:29:22 PM
Yes and the PD response was a completely normal and proportionate response to a someone evading a traffic stop.

Whether it was are not doesn't grant license to fabricate.

Razgovory

What was the cause of the traffic stop?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Really?  This is the first you've heard of this?  You are the person most easily TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY I've ever encountered.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2015, 09:45:10 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2015, 07:29:22 PM

Whether it was are not doesn't grant license to fabricate.

I am TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY by that statement.  Who is fabricating what?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2015, 11:09:46 AM
BTW, O'Donnel just last fall won election to Ohio's Supreme Court. :bleeding:

He's a no-nonsense judge who puts dangerous criminals behind bars.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2015, 11:09:46 AM
BTW, O'Donnel just last fall won election to Ohio's Supreme Court. :bleeding:

He's a no-nonsense judge who puts dangerous criminals behind bars.

He's a fullofshit judge who lets some criminals walk because they carry a badge.

Bayraktar!

derspiess

You're just saying that because you missed his campaign commercials.  Poor uninformed grumbler :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

You should elect Dredd instead- a no-nonsense judge who puts dangerous criminals in the ground.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 09:37:28 AM
You're just saying that because you missed his campaign commercials.  Poor uninformed grumbler :(

You are just saying that because you saw his campaign commercials.  Poor gullible derspiess.  :(

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 26, 2015, 09:40:50 AM
You should elect Dredd instead- a no-nonsense judge who puts dangerous criminals in the ground.
:yes:

Bayraktar!