So what do you do when trigger happy cops chase you around?

Started by Razgovory, May 23, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2015, 09:48:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 09:37:28 AM
You're just saying that because you missed his campaign commercials.  Poor uninformed grumbler :(

You are just saying that because you saw his campaign commercials.  Poor gullible derspiess.  :(

Whoosh.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Brazen on May 26, 2015, 10:05:22 AM
Flash them my boobs.

Do that plus throw them donuts and you'll get some sort of citizen award from them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 08:58:10 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 25, 2015, 11:09:46 AM
BTW, O'Donnel just last fall won election to Ohio's Supreme Court. :bleeding:

He's a no-nonsense judge who puts dangerous criminals behind bars.

Ohio judges are allowed to moonlight as corrections officers?  Seems like a conflict of interest.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Okay, am I the only one who sees these silly "elect Judge So & So 'cuz he's tough on crim" commercials around election time?

Admiral Yi

I've never seen a judge campaign commercial in my life.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 01:28:16 PM
Okay, am I the only one who sees these silly "elect Judge So & So 'cuz he's tough on crim" commercials around election time?

I live in a sensible country where judges are NOT elected but I watch Last Week tonight. Yes, I've seen them too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2015, 01:30:49 PM

I live in a sensible country where judges are NOT elected but I watch Last Week tonight. Yes, I've seen them too.

I also get to see them through the magic of cable TV.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 26, 2015, 01:30:49 PM

Thanks for the confirmation and bonus commentary.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 11:32:36 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 26, 2015, 09:48:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 26, 2015, 09:37:28 AM
You're just saying that because you missed his campaign commercials.  Poor uninformed grumbler :(

You are just saying that because you saw his campaign commercials.  Poor gullible derspiess.  :(

Whoosh.

Whoosh, indeed!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

derspiess

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2015, 05:54:15 PM
I was TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY to learn on CNN that the victims drove away from a traffic stop and led the cops on a 22 mile high speed pursuit *before* they were shot at. :huh:

So were the victims.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Vote for me and we'll bring back firing squads!

Or better yet, guillotine, so we don't have to waste money on bullets.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers