News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2015

Started by Agelastus, May 17, 2015, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Well, less than a week to go and I've finally got round to listening to the UKs song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6r1tUhl1cQ

I don't think I've ever heard a more deserving candidate for a "null points"; my first reaction was a "Thirties song with Fifties décor and the occasional intrusion of Seventies synthesiser sounds." On reflection, I may have some of the decades wrong but it's definitely a mishmash. :hmm:

I can understand why some of our papers don't think we're trying this year. :D

Of course, given my track record with UK songs, this probably means that we'll have our best score for years. :lol:

-------------------------

Also, on Australia's participation - if they're there as part of the celebration for sixty years of the tournament shouldn't we have invited one representative from each of the other continents as well? :unsure:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

I've been invited to two different gatherings for Eurovision viewing. I'm so glad to have my mother visiting as an easy reason to decline. :goodboy:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

They're there because they're crazy about their Europop, the 60 years anniversary is just an excuse.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I've only heard the Danish song so far, and I'm quite confident that we won't be wasting money hosting the Eurovision 2016.

Full list:

QuoteFørste semifinale, tirsdag 19. maj

1. Moldova: Eduard Romanyuta - I want your love (Moldova) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
2. Armenien: Genealogy - Face The Shadow (Armenia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
3. Belgien: Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside (Belgium) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
4. Holland: Trijntje Oosterhuis - Walk Along (The Netherlands) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
5. Finland: Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Aina mun pitää (Finland) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​6. Grækenland: Maria-Elena Kyriakou - One Last Breath (Greece) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​​7. Estland: Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye To Yesterday (Estonia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
8. Makedonien: Daniel Kajmakoski - Esenski Lisja (F.Y.R. Macedonia)
9. Serbien: Bojana Stamenov - Beauty Never Lies (Serbia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
10. Ungarn: Boggie - Wars For Nothing (Hungary) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​11. Hviderusland: Uzari & Maimuna - Time (Belarus) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
12. Rusland: Polina Gagarina - A Million Voices (Russia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
13. Danmark: Anti Social Media - The Way You Are (Denmark) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
14. Albanien: Elhaida Dani - I'm alive (Albania) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
15. Rumænien: Voltaj - De la capăt / All Over Again - (Romania) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
16. Georgien: Nina Sublatti - Warrior (Georgia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

Anden semifinale, torsdag 21. maj

1. Litauen: Monika Linkytė and Vaidas Baumila - This Time (Lithuania) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
2. Irland: Molly Sterling - Playing With Numbers (Ireland) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
3. San Marino: Anita Simoncini & Michele Perniola - Chain of Lights (San Marino) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
4. Montenegro: Knez - Adio (Montenegro) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
5. Malta: Amber - Warrior (Malta) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
6. Norge: VINNER MGP 2015: Mørland & Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me
7. Portugal: Leonor Andrade - Há um Mar que nos Separa (Portugal) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
8. Tjekkiet: Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Bárta - Hope Never Dies (Czech Republic) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
9. Israel: Nadav Guedj - Golden Boy (Israel) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
10. Letland: Aminata - Love Injected (Latvia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
11. Aserbajdsjan: Elnur Huseynov - Hour of the wolf (Azerbaijan) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
12. Island: Maria Olafs - Unbroken (Iceland) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​13. Sverige: Måns Zelmerlöw - Heroes - Sweden - Preview Video - 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​14. Schweiz: Mélanie René - Time to Shine (Switzerland) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
15. Cypern: John Karayiannis - One Thing I Should Have Done (Cyprus) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
16. Slovenien: Maraaya - Here For You (Slovenia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
17. Polen: Monika Kuszyńska - In The Name Of Love (Poland) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest

Finalen, lørdag 23. maj

Østrig​: The Makemakes - I Am Yours (Austria) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Australien: Guy Sebastian - Tonight Again (Australia) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Frankrig: Lisa Angell "N'oubliez pas" (France) - Eurovision 2015
Italien: Il Volo - Grande Amore (Italy) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
​Spanien: Edurne - Amanecer (Spain) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Storbritannien: Electro Velvet - Still In Love With You (United Kingdom) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
Tyskland: Ann Sophie - Black Smoke (Germany) 2015 Eurovision Song Contest
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Well, I just listened to the favourite from Sweden and maybe we actually have got a shot. :weep:

Martinus

I'm having an annual mini-party for friends.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2015, 01:11:44 PM

So, you'll be watching it alone?  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on May 17, 2015, 02:14:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 17, 2015, 01:11:44 PM

So, you'll be watching it alone?  :P

Projecting again? :P

Martinus

Anyways, it will be just two other gay guys and three fag hags. :P

Josquius

There needs to be more alternative music. Whenever some does pop up it wins.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

I rather enjoyed the UK's song, it's rather catchy. But given we now have zero friends in Europe we don't stand a chance :P

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on May 17, 2015, 04:39:46 PM
There needs to be more alternative music. Whenever some does pop up it wins.

It depends what you mean by alternative music. We don't need another Lordi.

Duque de Bragança

Since Lordi pissed off lots of people it seems, even here, a new Lordi would be actually a good thing. :)

Brazen

I liked Lordi so much I actually went to their gig later that year supported by "battle metal" merchants Turisas  :blush:

Duque de Bragança

Nothing to be ashamed of Brazen. Quite the contrary. The fact that even a good hard 'n heavy act, not one of the best, was still way better than the usual dancefloor/techno/pop Eurovision stuff, speaks a lot about the musical value of the contest in recent years.