News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2015

Started by Agelastus, May 17, 2015, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Agelastus on May 23, 2015, 02:38:30 PM
Oh God...it's us. I should take the facetious advice I've just offered in Raz's latest thread. :Embarrass:

You would think that with music like that the singers would actually move a bit, maybe even dance.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Wait, did he just turn black?

Agelastus

Fingers crossed we do get a deserved "Null points"; then maybe we'll just televise the event in future and snark from the sidelines rather than participating. There was an article in the Radio Times (I think) that said veterans haven't worked and contemporary artists don't want to take the drubbing - hence the nobodies we're down to sending.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Admiral Yi

You're overselling the mediocrity of the English offering.

Syt, that link to the five weirdest entries was amazing.  You've changed my life.

Legbiter

Lithuania, jesus what a terrible song.  :yucky:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 23, 2015, 02:47:34 PM
You're overselling the mediocrity of the English offering.

Syt, that link to the five weirdest entries was amazing.  You've changed my life.

I will admit that it's surprisingly catchy (the motif's popped up in my head several times over the last week) which is more than can be said for most of our entries. It does not make it any less terrible a song overall though. Lame is lame.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Legbiter

Norway captures the downer vote this year.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Agelastus

Malta felt sympathy for us... no "null points" this year.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Syt

Germany and Austria both 0 points. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Btw, this is the song that originally got 80% of the vote in Germany to go to the ESC, but the singer withdrew immediately after the vote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiX0RSZBQfE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Spain's entries are always so dull. Not good enough to stand a chance, not outrageous enough to be ridiculed.

Martinus

I don't get the hate for the UK entry here. It was relatively good compared to other stuff - I was surprised it scored so low. At least Russia didn't win.

Brazen

Great inclusive speech by winner Måns Zelmerlöw:
Quote"I'm so happy and I want to say thank you for voting for me," he told the crowd. "I want to say we are all Heroes, no matter who we love, who we are or what we believe in - we are all heroes."

Shame about all those homophobic comments he made before:
QuoteHowever, Zelmerlöw was forced to apologise last year – after claiming that gay couples should not have children on celebrity cooking show 'Pluras kök'.

According to wiwibloggs, he stunned other guests into silence at the time by calling homosexuality abnormal – before claiming "it isn't equally natural for men to want to sleep with one another".

He continued: "There isn't anything wrong with it at all, but the more natural thing of course is that men and women make children together."

Shame on FYR Macedonia and Montenegro for jury corruption.
QuoteThe 2015 Eurovision voting has run in to a spot of bother after it emerged that two participants had their jury votes disqualified.

Both FYR Macedonia and Montenegro's jury votes – which account for 50 per cent of the total votes cast – were dismissed, with their points made up entirely from public televoting instead.

The news was confirmed in a statement by Eurovision representatives.

'The jury results of FYR Macedonia and Montenegro for the grand final have been excluded after consultation of PricewaterhouseCoopers, the contest's independent voting observer, and upon the decision of the executive supervisor and the chairman of the reference group,' they said.

'In both countries, televoting applied for 100%. The exclusion of two juries will be further discussed in the next reference group meeting in June.'

However, the lack of jury votes from the two countries has made no difference to the final result, with Mans Zelmerlow still scoring a convincing victory for Sweden.

His song Heroes picked up 365 points in the final ahead of runners-up Russia and third-placed Italy.

Montenegro's Knez finished 13th in the final with 44 points – the country's best result to date – although FYR Macedonia failed to qualify.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould