News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2015

Started by Agelastus, May 17, 2015, 09:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Warming up with a 15km charity Disco Night Hike tonight. The show party tomorrow will be muted as only six of the usual suspects aren't on holiday.

Legbiter

Right so the main event is tomorrow. Better get something to drink then.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Archy

Since for the first time in years we go to the Finals.  Therefore was extra News richt after the festival about it.  :rolleyes:

Syt

The thing with the ESC is that IMHO it has become really bland. For a while it was a hodepodge of weird acts that had no chance of winning but nevertheless made the event worth watching.

The last really good weird entry, in 2007, was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQX6qmLNamM

Since then it's been one bland pop song after another, and I feel there's fewer memorable winners.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on May 23, 2015, 02:43:44 AM
The thing with the ESC is that IMHO it has become really bland. For a while it was a hodepodge of weird acts that had no chance of winning but nevertheless made the event worth watching.

The last really good weird entry, in 2007, was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQX6qmLNamM

Since then it's been one bland pop song after another, and I feel there's fewer memorable winners.

Given that last year's win was Conchita Wurst, I think you are wrong that there are no memorable winners.

Liep

He did say fewer, and I tend to agree. At this moment I can't really remember the Danish act that won before Conchita.. :hmm:

The show is made up of those with a chance to win, the outsiders (can be crazy), the really really bad ones, the Balkan Ballads, those who are simply without chance, and the crazies. There's Finland this year, and they don't really qualify under crazies because.. well.. it's not an act I guess. Only if Russia wins will this year be a little memorable, and that's only because of the political hilarities that will ensue.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on May 23, 2015, 12:26:12 PMOnly if Russia wins will this year be a little memorable, and that's only because of the political hilarities that will ensue.

Aye, that would really entertain the troll in me. ^_^

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Sweden's exquisitely designed homobait wins this year.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Most of the hostesses look like they don't really want to be there. Though I did like their jab at the Danish hosting trio.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Air violin. Oh yeah, it's starting.

Agelastus

One thing about the French, their singers do tend to be really enthusiastic. Shame the song was as unmemorable as ever. And in French (looking at the winners of the last 15 years, there's a rather clear message about which language you need to sing in if you want to win.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Liep

And followed by Isreal's golden boots. France is already forgotten.

Agelastus

Quote from: Liep on May 23, 2015, 02:32:12 PM
And followed by Isreal's golden boots. France is already forgotten.

For a song that was apparently in English, I didn't understand very much of it.  :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Oh God...it's us. I should take the facetious advice I've just offered in Raz's latest thread. :Embarrass:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be