News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

BB King passed away

Started by jimmy olsen, May 15, 2015, 03:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Oh shit.

The guy never got a break.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Okay sorry. I know I've been critical in the recent past but come on. The guy is a legend. This hurts.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Well, he had made some dumb mistakes recently. And I think his family was mostly to blame. He was doing shows half-wasted. He was cutting shows short by 30 minutes. The guy was done. I saw it myself. I wanted to just tell the King family to let him retire.

THIS JUST SUCKS.

celedhring

Had the pleasure to see him live quite a few times, he always came to Barcelona whenever he toured Europe. Fondly remember a short duet with Dr John in one Barcelona Blues Fest. RIP for a legend, but he's got a damn good run  :(

Martinus

I didn't realise he was 89. For a diabetic, this seems like a decent run.

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 15, 2015, 04:17:50 AM
Well, he had made some dumb mistakes recently. And I think his family was mostly to blame. He was doing shows half-wasted. He was cutting shows short by 30 minutes. The guy was done. I saw it myself. I wanted to just tell the King family to let him retire.

THIS JUST SUCKS.

He was 89. You are talking about him like he was some sort of Amy Winehouse case.

Lettow77

A fine Memphian and Southerner. He will be missed.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

MadImmortalMan

The last time he came here it was obvious his family was pushing him to tour.

I feel bad for the guy because I might have done the same in his case, but he couldn't really finish his shows. I realy hate to see a guy I respect get hammered.

I loved BB back in the day. Like, uh, four years ago. :P

Monoriu

Never heard of him.  Isn't a guy like him already immensely rich so that all of this family can live luxurious lives on a trust fund? 

What are his best songs?

The Brain

RIP Neil's favorite human. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Monoriu

After listening to about 6 or 7 of his songs, I have come to the conclusion that I do not appreciate his music.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Saw him back in the early 90s.  RIP :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall