The ACLU Wants the U.S. Government to Combat Sexism in Hollywood

Started by jimmy olsen, May 12, 2015, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2015, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2015, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2015, 11:39:55 AM
That and you can expect Hollywood to further condition young women to be like "Imperator Furiosa" and not Sophia Loren. In the meantime, if you want to watch a real action flick I recommend watching "Kelly's Heroes" instead.

Should be Imperatrix Furiosa, unless the author took Latin classes with merithyn.   :smarty: :P
cf. Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi ;)

:huh:

I copied and pasted, didn't write. Not sure of the reason for the dig.

Earlier Latin mistakes.

She was on vacation. :mad:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2015, 12:29:12 PM
You keep track of people's Latin mistakes?

Everyone needs a hobby.  ;)

It's like knowing and appreciating what champagne is, a real, time-consuming hobby.

Valmy

Here you go, guys. Men up in arms about the new Mad Max movie.

Thanks for making me die a little bit inside.

But frankly I see these guys at various sports and games forums I go to. So loathsome.

I like how his example, the Order 1886 showing that you can never believe in Santa Clause, was somehow connected to his issues with the movie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2015, 12:32:01 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2015, 12:27:21 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
That and you can expect Hollywood to further condition young women to be like "Imperator Furiosa" and not Sophia Loren. In the meantime, if you want to watch a real action flick I recommend watching "Kelly's Heroes" instead.

Should be Imperatrix Furiosa, unless the author took Latin classes with merithyn.   :smarty: :P
cf. Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi ;)

:huh:

Earlier Latin mistakes.

She was on vacation. :mad:

I didn't know merithyn had so many vacations. They can be put to good use then. AD AVGUSTA PER ANGVSTA :)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Probably due to sexism in Languish that the ACLU should be asking the US government to combat. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 12:42:46 PM
Probably due to sexism in Languish that the ACLU should be asking the US government to combat. :(

0 of our top 10 posters are women. What does that say about Languish? :weep:

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
I was barely aware that the movie had actual characters after watching the first trailers.

Heh. Lots of heat about the characters of a movie that, apparently, consists of explosions.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:44:02 PM
I was barely aware that the movie had actual characters after watching the first trailers.

Heh. Lots of heat about the characters of a movie that, apparently, consists of explosions.  :lol:

Explosions and car chases. It seemed that the only real people on it were glorified stuntmen.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 12:43:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2015, 12:42:46 PM

0 of our top 10 posters are women. What does that say about Languish? :weep:

Must correct that, stat.

May I suggest: merging Languish with a "mommy board"?  :)

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

Explosions and car chases. It seemed that the only real people on it were glorified stuntmen.

Stuntpersons, please.  ;)

merithyn

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 13, 2015, 12:40:27 PM
I didn't know merithyn had so many vacations. They can be put to good use then. AD AVGUSTA PER ANGVSTA :)

I didn't know merithyn had so many Latin mistakes that it was worth keeping track of. :unsure: Especially since I've never claimed to know Latin.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:46:18 PM
Must correct that, stat.

May I suggest: merging Languish with a "mommy board"?  :)

I wouldn't want to blind them with the cuteness of our kids Malthus.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2015, 12:47:10 PM
I didn't know merithyn had so many Latin mistakes that it was worth keeping track of. :unsure: Especially since I've never claimed to know Latin.

Romanes eunt domus