The ACLU Wants the U.S. Government to Combat Sexism in Hollywood

Started by jimmy olsen, May 12, 2015, 06:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 12:47:13 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:46:18 PM
Must correct that, stat.

May I suggest: merging Languish with a "mommy board"?  :)

I wouldn't want to blind them with the cuteness of our kids Malthus.

That is but one of the many ways the suggestion could go badly.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:44:02 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
I was barely aware that the movie had actual characters after watching the first trailers.

Heh. Lots of heat about the characters of a movie that, apparently, consists of explosions.  :lol:

Explosions and car chases. It seemed that the only real people on it were glorified stuntmen.

To be fair, even the Director and Writer said that the movie is essentially one long car chase. It's exactly what the first one was, IIRC.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

When the shaky cam is flashing random images on the screen I demand those images not be feminist propaganda.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:46:55 PM
I was barely aware that the movie had actual characters after watching the first trailers.

Heh. Lots of heat about the characters of a movie that, apparently, consists of explosions.  :lol:

Explosions and car chases. It seemed that the only real people on it were glorified stuntmen.

Stuntpersons, please.  ;)

:Embarrass:

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2015, 12:48:55 PM

To be fair, even the Director and Writer said that the movie is essentially one long car chase. It's exactly what the first one was, IIRC.

Yeah, but in the twenty seconds of the movie not composed of explosions and car-chases, it's gonna be pure Feminist propaganda, right?   :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2015, 12:54:31 PM
Yeah, but in the twenty seconds of the movie not composed of explosions and car-chases, it's gonna be pure Feminist propaganda, right?   :D

Basically it is just a preview of what the world will look like when the Feminists take over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 12:55:53 PM

Basically it is just a preview of what the world will look like when the Feminists take over.

Like Theron?  Where is the down side?

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2015, 12:48:55 PM
...and the second. :)

The third one also had Tina Turner, a retarded dude, and a bunch of creepy kids, so it represented a kind of evolution I guess. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

The rest of the female cast seems to be formed by fashion models turned actresses. Where do I have to sign to be part of that bright new world?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 01:00:44 PM
The rest of the female cast seems to be formed by fashion models turned actresses. Where do I have to sign to be part of that bright new world?

Dude this movie is going to influence young women to look like them instead of Sophia Loren. Have you seen her recently?

merithyn

GO FEMINISTS!!! :yeah: :cheers: :yeah:

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 01:03:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 01:00:44 PM

Dude this movie is going to influence young women to look like them instead of Sophia Loren. Have you seen her recently?

She's pretty hot for an 80 year old, I guess. :unsure:

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2015, 12:56:57 PM

Our culture is being destroyed by Trojan horses. And we will need all those Trojans once the Feminists turn all women into Theron.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2015, 01:04:21 PM
She's pretty hot for an 80 year old, I guess. :unsure:

Yeah I guess you are right. Really a win-win.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2015, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 13, 2015, 12:56:57 PM

Our culture is being destroyed by Trojan horses. And we will need all those Trojans once the Feminists turn all women into Theron.

:D