News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Syt, May 11, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

After a hundred hours and 40 levels I'm going to give it a break for bit.  I haven't even beaten the game yet.  Hell, I haven't gotten into the Institute.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

QuoteA Siberian gamer is suing the makers of Fallout-4 after he lost his job and broke up with his wife because of the video game. He wants 500,000 roubles (US$7,000) in compensation from the company, saying he did not know the game would "become so addictive."

https://www.rt.com/news/326272-gamer-russia-lawsuit-fallout4/

:o

You guise doing alright?
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

Quote from: Legbiter on December 22, 2015, 03:08:55 PM
QuoteA Siberian gamer is suing the makers of Fallout-4 after he lost his job and broke up with his wife because of the video game. He wants 500,000 roubles (US$7,000) in compensation from the company, saying he did not know the game would "become so addictive."

https://www.rt.com/news/326272-gamer-russia-lawsuit-fallout4/

:o

You guise doing alright?

Let me guess - he has a Polish "lawyer" representing him, right?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I didn't know the Ruble had fallen so hard, he might be better off if he's paid in bottle caps.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Well, there's a lightsaber mod now. So maybe I'll get the game.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Okay so I can finally play this damned game.  I bought an XBox One for the family for Christmas. 

Really like the game so far.  Just wish work, family and sleep demands didn't cut so much into my playing time. 

I like that weapons do not degrade, but I'm still not used to how janky most of them are.  Took me forever to find a rifle with a proper stock.  I like what they did with the feral ghouls and the super mutants seem a tad less cartoonish.  And there are a lot more ways to die, it seems.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Solmyr

I got bored of this game. Didn't even finish the main quest yet. :( It's too much like an FPS, there's not much else to do except go around the wasteland killing stuff, and you cannot even roleplay much because your character has a predetermined personality. So instead, I'm once more restarting a heavily modded Skyrim.

Norgy

Quote from: Solmyr on December 28, 2015, 10:11:18 AM
I got bored of this game. Didn't even finish the main quest yet. :( It's too much like an FPS, there's not much else to do except go around the wasteland killing stuff, and you cannot even roleplay much because your character has a predetermined personality. So instead, I'm once more restarting a heavily modded Skyrim.

Heavily modded Skyrim is never wrong. :)

grumbler

Quote from: Solmyr on December 28, 2015, 10:11:18 AM

I feel pretty much the same.  Unmodded FO4 doesn't compare well to fully-modded Skyrim or even FONV.  I feel like I felt about Oblivion when it first came out; unmodded, it couldn't stand up to fully-modded Morrowind.  Of course, when fully modded, Oblivion was much better than Morrowind (and in fact, included Morrowind), so I'll come back to FO4.  In the meantime, there are still a bunch of Skyrim quest mods I haven't finished.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I think unmodded FO4 is better than unmodded FO3 and Oblivion, on par with modded FONV, and a little worse than unmodded Skyrim and Morrowind.  Modded all of those games are better than unmodded FO4 (obviously I am not taking gfx into consideration).  Don't get me wrong, I still think FO4 is a very good game.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

You know what I find most annoying about this game?  You really can't be who ever you want to be.  I made my character a smarty-pants (to artfully contrast with my real self), raised my INT 10 and took all the Science! perks.  And the institute jackasses still talk down to me.  I ask what a "Beryllium agitator" is and she just says it would go over my head.  Bitch, I just built a teleporter out of aluminum cans, I can technobabble with the best of them.  Or Maybe I could show you by throwing this plasma grenade I made out of a telephone, a board game and some glue.

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on December 30, 2015, 02:42:43 PM
I think unmodded FO4 is better than unmodded FO3 and Oblivion, on par with modded FONV, and a little worse than unmodded Skyrim and Morrowind.  Modded all of those games are better than unmodded FO4 (obviously I am not taking gfx into consideration).  Don't get me wrong, I still think FO4 is a very good game.

I can agree with all that, except that modded FONV includes some quests that are better than any I saw in FO4, so there is that.  Also, FO4 badly needs the whole food/water/sleep schtick.  Everyone is a robot.

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Bethesda's best game still remains Skyrim, even unmodded.

Norgy

grumbler, I looked a trailer for Morrowind: Reborn. Have you tried it?

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on December 31, 2015, 05:50:19 PM
I can agree with all that, except that modded FONV includes some quests that are better than any I saw in FO4, so there is that.  Also, FO4 badly needs the whole food/water/sleep schtick.  Everyone is a robot.
Interesting... it sounds like I may need to give FONV another shot at some point and mod in some more quests.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points