Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I was thinking more like 65.  Sorry big guy   :console:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2015, 02:29:40 PM
I was thinking more like 65.  Sorry big guy   :console:

You were thinking "older than me, because duh!"  :P

Luckily, you were thinking older than me, as well.  Maybe even older than KRonn and RH.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2015, 01:45:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 05, 2015, 01:43:01 PM
All that said, the sentence is harsh.  A misdemeanor with a fine/community service or whatever would be appropriate IMO.

And everybody sane would agree. But our lawmakers are not sane.
Our lawmakers are not sane because our voters are not sane.  Let's stop with this vapid "politicians are dumb and stupid" bullshit.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 05, 2015, 02:27:30 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2015, 01:00:05 PM
This is what happens when we hand political power over to the old people, instead of executing them en masse as I have been advising all along. :)

Exactly. Once a person reaches 30 years of age, they should be culled.

Oh good thing I'm having my 2nd 29th birthday this year. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2015, 02:46:28 PM
This is what happens when we hand political power over to the old people, instead of executing them en masse as I have been advising all along. :)

Run Logan, Run!

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2015, 02:49:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2015, 02:46:28 PM

Run Logan, Run!

Was that Garbon I spotted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSUAAKFLoL0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 01:59:47 PM
They're not getting 15 years for public humping.  He's getting 15 for committing 2 felonies within 3 years.

I'll be interested to see what she gets, since she has no prior stuff on her record.  The article here says they're asking for jail time for her (vs. prison for dude who just got done with 8 years for cocaine trafficking).

E:  Apparently everything less than a year goes to jail in Florida. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 01:59:47 PM
They're not getting 15 years for public humping.  He's getting 15 for committing 2 felonies within 3 years.
It's ridiculous that this is a felony. It should be a misdemeanor.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

How much should the ticket be for opening your raincoat and whacking off in the elementary school playground?

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 05:05:14 PM
How much should the ticket be for opening your raincoat and whacking off in the elementary school playground?

Seventeen.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 05:05:14 PM
Not at all the same crime. :rolleyes:

Come on man, even Derspeiss thinks this sentence is way over the top.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 05:18:35 PM

I also think 15 years for committing two felonies in 3 years is excessive.  However, that doesn't address the question of whether humping on the beach should be a felony or a misdemeanor (or nothing).  If it should be a misdemeanor, should Raincoat Boy also be charged with a misdemeanor?  If not, why not?

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2015, 05:45:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 05, 2015, 05:18:35 PM

I also think 15 years for committing two felonies in 3 years is excessive.  However, that doesn't address the question of whether humping on the beach should be a felony or a misdemeanor (or nothing).  If it should be a misdemeanor, should Raincoat Boy also be charged with a misdemeanor?  If not, why not?

The reason wacking off in a playground ought to be treated more seriously is that the wacker is deliberately targeting children - it's a form of harrassment/intimidation.

Not all public exposure is the same.

A drunk dude pissing in an alleyway isn't 'just the same' as a man deliberately exposing himself to schoolkids while wacking off - so treating them both the same (with prision terms/sex offender status) is unjust, a waste of time, and counterproductive - for example, diluting the sex offender registry with guys pissing in alleyways makes it less useful.

This, even though an aspect of the two actions is the same - public exposure.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius