Couple found guilty of having sex on Florida beach

Started by DGuller, May 05, 2015, 08:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on May 05, 2015, 10:22:38 AM

Better than if he's facing re-election and doesn't want to be seen as soft on crime? Or worse?

I'd say "worse", because the absurd result in this case (15 years for public sex) would then be hard-wired.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 05, 2015, 10:21:50 AM
Article sucks, no mention if she is hot.

Googled her.  I'd say yes.  Not perfect, but still hott.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

There's a picture (not a very flattering one, though) in the link.

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on May 05, 2015, 09:55:19 AM
The problem is also that the mechanism for dividing the lambs from the wolves seems rather screwy.

Pretty well everone I know has, at some point or another, used an illegal drug, or had sex in public - often at much the same time.  :lol: Oh, to be 19-24 or so again ...

None have, to my knowledge, ever robbed people, committed acts of violence, or the like; it strikes me that society ought to reserve serious sanctions for that.
Maybe we're like pigs in the pen.  We don't need good consistent reasons to pick the ones to pick on, we just need the ones to pick on.

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on May 05, 2015, 10:26:34 AM

There's a picture (not a very flattering one, though) in the link.

Oddly enough, women being sentenced to lengthy terms of incarceration rarely look their best.   :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2015, 09:01:26 AM
I hope the sex was worth it.

Would you say the same thing to the gay teenagers hanged in Iran few years ago? Because that would make you as douchebaggy.

Thumbs up for waiting until the end of page 1 for your attempt to make yet another thread about gay sex.

KRonn

Did I miss something? Why is there even a possibility for a prison sentence for having sex, never mind up to 15 years? Yes, it was in a bit of a public place but does it really deserve a long prison sentence and a sex offender label? We've gone too far with the sex offender stuff, unless there's a lot more to this case but I didn't see it in the article.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malthus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 05, 2015, 12:47:37 PM
Because children.

As an aside, I never really understood the hysteria over children maybe witnessing sex.

I know from my own kid that kids prior to puberty typically find sex just gross, have no interest in it - when he's watching a TV show or movie at home and there is any "kissy stuff" as he calls it, he covers his eyes and makes retching noises until it stops. I don't think he's ever seen more than kissing, but I would imagine his reaction would be exactly the same.

What exact harm is witnessing sex supposed to do to them?

Valmy

Not sure. My ancestors witnessed their parents doing it several times a week and all they did was colonize the world...huh maybe that is it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

They don't look like they have an age difference of 20 years in the picture.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

This is what happens when we hand political power over to the old people, instead of executing them en masse as I have been advising all along. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on May 05, 2015, 12:59:45 PM
They don't look like they have an age difference of 20 years in the picture.
Couldn't that be her lawyer sitting next to her?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2015, 01:00:38 PM
Couldn't that be her lawyer sitting next to her?

Shysters don't take off their jackets.

Eddie Teach

She doesn't look 20. Probably because she spends so much time at the beach.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?