MadImmortalMan

I generally watch games with the TV muted.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 05, 2015, 02:57:14 PM

Yeah but they still post graphics mathematically proving this is the worst Texas team since 1956. That really gets annoying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2015, 03:01:02 PM

Yeah but they still post graphics mathematically proving this is the worst Texas team since 1956. That really gets annoying.

The first game they kept talking about how they were going to shift their offense more to the spread because all the high schools in Texas are running it and they wanted to make the transition and recruiting easier.

Continuing the dumbing-down of the game from bottom to top. It was depressing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

I like knowing who made the plays, and I'm certainly not going to memorize their numbers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 05, 2015, 03:13:16 PM

I like knowing who made the plays, and I'm certainly not going to memorize their numbers.

And you can't listen to the radio for it, because the radio is tape-delayed for 4 seconds.  Dan Dierdorf does the Michigan radio broadcast, and I can't use it. :bleeding:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: grumbler on October 04, 2015, 12:52:39 PM
Wow.  Talk about bad officiating.  B12 officials decided the  OSU-KSU game by awarding OSU a first down they clearly didn't earn (they were awarded a first down when it should have been 4th and four).  http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13803765/officiating-error-leads-oklahoma-state-cowboys-touchdown-win-kansas-state-wildcats

Meanwhile, the explanation for the incredibly shitty B12 officiating was revealed (also in that article):
QuoteBig 12 officiating supervisor Walt Anderson defended the calls after reviewing the game, telling ESPN.com he was "generally pleased" with the officiating.
"Houston, we have a problem."  Anderson has his head so far up his ass he is using his belly button as a peep sight.

Oh, and this happened on the 25th anniversary of the conference's worst officiating blunder, the granting of 5 downs to Colorado so they could beat Missouri.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2015, 01:15:55 PM
Oh is losing at home to BYU bad?

Come to think of it, the Mormons are nothing but trouble. Valmy has bad memories of losing to them, Nebraska loses to them in a new coach's debut, in 1990 Miami lost to the Ty Detmer version and lost a probable shot at a national title, PDH taught us how the Wyoming Black14 were sparked by a BYU visit and the aftereffects have severely wounded the program...Can anyone think of a really memorable big win against BYU?

Also, that Jimmer Fredette dude was annoying.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Bow down to Washington!
UW 17
USC 12
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Unlike Randy Edsal, Harbaugh understands Forrest Gump.

Best Harbaugh photoshop yet, though, is:

Bayraktar!

katmai

Hmmmm Do i get tickets to Arizona vs UW or Utah vs UW?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2015, 02:17:44 AM

If Utah beats Cal, the Utah tickets are gonna be the ones you want.

Bayraktar!

sbr

Quote from: katmai on October 10, 2015, 02:17:44 AM

Do you want to see the best team (Utah) or see the Huskies win (Arizona)?

MadBurgerMaker

FunkMonk

Lmao Oklahoma. Get Fucked.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Hell yeah! FUCK OKLAHOMA!

Sorry Mom...

But seriously Fuck Oklahoma. That was UT's biggest win in years. Probably since beating Nebraska in 2009. They kicked the hell out of OU up front. Joe Wickline worked a miracle this week.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."