News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Well I'm rather surprised by Urban Meyer at halftime. He said to neutralize the pass rush of Clemson, he would put in an adjustments like he did in 2008, spread the field and give up on the run game...Derrick Henry had 113 yards rushing in the first half...and the whole team 195. Also Coker isn't very good...not sure I'm buying that, but we see the thought process that sank Ohio State against Michigan State.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

Great onside kick.  Love the story about the little Polish orphan boy.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

That was a very entertaining game.  :)

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

I hope he realizes the vast responsibility entrusted to him next season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteBut...but...UTSA's vast fanbase :weep:
QuoteI hope he realizes the vast responsibility entrusted to him next season.

:huh:

Eddie Teach

Vast as in fat, perhaps.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

I did not realize I did that. I have no explanation for why I used the word 'vast' twice.

But a responsibility deserving some sort of superlative awaits UTSA on November 19th.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

sbr

The Ducks hired Brady Hoke as DC today.  Not sure how I feel about it, but it has to be better than Pellum.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on January 16, 2016, 07:23:44 PM
The Ducks hired Brady Hoke as DC today.  Not sure how I feel about it, but it has to be better than Pellum.

He's always been a decent defensive coach, but is defenses need a good D-line to prosper.  Good thing he's a good D-line coach.

He's an outstanding recruiter.  They may want him more for that than for defense.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

So Rashan Gary (nation's #1 recruit) and his New Jersey posse (Jordan Fuller, Gatoraide NJ player of the year, and 2 2017 guys) are snowed in in Ann Arbor on their official visits (actually, they are snowed out of new Jersey, but will stay in AA until Monday).  Immediately, news people assume the worst and accuse Harbaugh of causing the freezing weather so he can "cheat" in recruiting.  The picture is admittedly suspicious, but it's hardly concrete proof:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2015, 05:54:25 PM
Quote from: grumbler on December 19, 2015, 01:31:16 PM
Texas recruiting, though, has been pretty horrendous by Texas standards. Even when not Harbaughed (and I think they'll be Harbaughed one more time), LSU and Ole Miss (plus the other Texas schools) are killing Texas for the top-level in-state recruits.

Not really. This is just how Strong recruits. Texas was in the same boat last year and ended up with the #10 class.

Yeah this is happening. Texas has four new commits in the last three days and will get a bunch more tomorrow. Another top 10 class. There is a method to Chuck's madness.