News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I think the classic thing is Mack Brown as the announcer talking about "Oregon has to kill the clock." And talking about going under the center.

Dude, there is over 3 minutes left and TCU has 2 timeouts. IT is a 3 point game. Don't go in a shell, play football.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

Man, he was talking about that at least one Oregon possession ago too.  Damn, Mack. 

Nice series there, Oregon.  Way to stop the clock twice. 

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 02, 2016, 10:21:05 PM
Man, he was talking about that at least one Oregon possession ago too.  Damn, Mack. 

Nice series there, Oregon.  Way to stop the clock twice.

We are now receiving  the coaching wisdom that turned him into an announcer.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

MadBurgerMaker

This is some bullshit.  :mad:

E:  OO nice return

Welp OT

sbr

There is no QB in the country that gives the Oregon defense more trouble than Jeff Lockie.

sbr

QuoteESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo  4m4 minutes ago
Since Texas Tech's 31-point comeback in the 2006 Insight Bowl, teams are 0-1,463 when trailing by 31 points in any point in the game

:lol:

katmai

Quote from: sbr on January 02, 2016, 10:30:36 PM
There is no QB in the country that gives the Oregon defense more trouble than Jeff Lockie.
Man the Ducks are fucked for next year at QB

alfred russel

I'm glad Oregon put up a good show in OT. To have just rolled over and died in the second half would have been a tough way for the seniors to go out. Not that this wasn't a tough way for the seniors to go out, but it would have been worse.

sbr

I feel bad for Jeff Lockie; the dude doesn't deserve to be on a D-1 roster, much less on the field in a Bowl Game.

The best part though is that the Ducks were lucky he didn't transfer, otherwise they would have no one behind Adams.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on January 02, 2016, 11:10:49 PM
I feel bad for Jeff Lockie; the dude doesn't deserve to be on a D-1 roster, much less on the field in a Bowl Game.

The best part though is that the Ducks were lucky he didn't transfer, otherwise they would have no one behind Adams.
Yeah but who do they have for next season?
Pac-12 north is going to be interesting.
Stanford has McCaffery coming back, but will have new QB
Oregon new QB
WazZu has Falk coming back
Udub has Browning and Gaskin coming back and most of #1 defense.
Cal has to replace Goff who will go in 1st rd
and then well Oregon St is Oregon st.

Berkut

That is just an epic, epic choke job.

edit: Vern should have figured out how to slide by now...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

alfred russel

With the TCU comeback, and then the WV win, it seems no conference really shit the bed this bowl season, and I'm not sure one really knocked it out of the park either.

sbr

Oregon football put out a funny press release today, the first part is that "that outside linebackers coach Erik Chinander has accepted a position to become the defensive coordinator at another FBS institution."  He is following Scott Frost to Central Florida.

The second part announced that oh by the way Don Pellum, the defensive coordinator the last 2 years, will be replacing Chinander as LB coach.

By all accounts Pellum is a great guy, and has done a lot of good things for Oregon football over the last 30 years but that collapse in the Alamo Bowl may be one of the best things to happen to this program in a while; assuming they can go out and get a big time DC.